Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dealer let me bring this home to try out. Its colt barrel. knights armament free floating quad rail, its CMT upper receiver (my dealers brand). 1:7 twist, he is asking 800 with KA handguard 500 wihout. Shoots pretty good. pic is 25yds freehand.

·
Banned
6,667 Posts
Is this a new upper or are the parts used?
How is he going to sell it without the FF RAS?
Is the flash hider not pinned and welded?
What bolt carrier group is included?

$800 would be about right for a Colt factory upper with a KAC FF RAS.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it is essentially new, he built for himself. He put the intial 20 break in rds through it and that is all that has been fired. The carry handle is used, he just through it on there before i left the shop, he was out of mag pul rear sights : (. He will put a delta ring on with one of my handguards I already have. They build AR's that are sum moa 1/2". I don't know about the bcm brand but it is very very smooth, much more that my current. Flash hider is put on with blue loctite I believe, I will have to check,

·
Registered
29,734 Posts
it is essentially new, he built for himself. He put the intial 20 break in rds through it and that is all that has been fired. The carry handle is used, he just through it on there before i left the shop, he was out of mag pul rear sights : (. He will put a delta ring on with one of my handguards I already have. They build AR's that are sum moa 1/2". I don't know about the bcm brand but it is very very smooth, much more that my current. Flash hider is put on with blue loctite I believe, I will have to check,
If that flash hider isn't pinned and welded (and is long enough to bring your barrel length to over 16"), you've committed of a federal felony, and posted pictures of it.

Blue Loctite ain't gonna do it.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If that flash hider isn't pinned and welded (and is long enough to bring your barrel length to over 16"), you've committed of a federal felony, and posted pictures of it.

Well I have not paid for it yet so its not mine. He just let me bring it home to try it out to see if I wanted to buy it. If its not pinned and staked I will have him do it if I decide to buy. Thinks though

·
Registered
29,734 Posts
Well I have not paid for it yet so its not mine. He just let me bring it home to try it out to see if I wanted to buy it. If its not pinned and staked I will have him do it if I decide to buy. Thinks though

You assembled the upper onto a lower (I am assuming that it is not an NFA registered lower). You have now assembled an unregistered short barreled rifle.

This is a federal felony.

BATFE won't care a whit if you don't own it.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you know what that say about assuming ;)

·
Registered
29,734 Posts
you know what that say about assuming ;)
Hey, if you've got it on a Form 1, that's great.

How long did it take BATFE to get it back to you? I'm going to be submitting mine in a couple of days...wondering what the backlog is.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey, if you've got it on a Form 1, that's great.

How long did it take BATFE to get it back to you? I'm going to be submitting mine in a couple of days...wondering what the backlog is.
I believe the running time is between 4 to 6 months. I suggest you set up a trust if you don't already have one.

·
Registered
6,683 Posts

Taking pictures of somebody else's rifle is a felony? That's REALLY news to me!:cool:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts