Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking for a new finish for my Citadel 1911 and now that It's done I figured I would share. I looked at some spray-on, bake-on, hard chrome and other manufacturer finishes. Cost and durability where my two major factors. I settled on Blacknitride. I had some work done to a different gun first and I was very impressed. The finish holds up just like the hard chrome I had on my Kimber. I looked at the specs and someone on this forum mentioned they put the finish on some very major brands. The cost was very reasonable and they turned it around in two weeks. It looks and feels great, sorry for the blurry pix. The guy to talk to is Shade. He is the VP and good people. When I picked up my gun I asked for a tour and he took me right out to the floor. It is a very impressive operation and they entire shop is very friendly and professional. And when I say they put this finish on some major brands that is no lie. I can't tell you the companies names but I will give initials. I saw some SW & DW along with some others and many AR's. I don't know the actual specs but you can get all that on their website, blacknitride.com. They are really good people, I highly recommend them.
Firearm Gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory

Firearm Gun Trigger Airsoft gun Brown

Gun Revolver Shotgun

Firearm Gun Trigger Gun accessory Gun barrel

·
Registered
937 Posts
Looks great was it a local guy? I live in NE ohio as well (North Ridgeville) and I've been thinking of getting my Kimber Custom II refinished...

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks great was it a local guy? I live in NE ohio as well (North Ridgeville) and I've been thinking of getting my Kimber Custom II refinished...

Yeah. The company is in Akron and they will take walk-ins. I would call him first to get the lead time and set up a time to drop your gun off. Apparently a lot of local gunsmith's will offer this service and send your gun to H&M, but they also charge for this service. I like to go directly to the source and take care of it myself. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Looks nice!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Your 1911 looks beautiful, have you had any trouble with it, as fas as FTF,FTE that kinda stuff. im really interested in one of these Citadel.
Thanks, I love it. No trouble at all. Just make sure that you get all the packing grease off it before you take it to the range. I have had absolutely no issues and I carry it daily. If you can find it, this gun got a glowing review in "On Taget" mag and that is why I bought it. I have made other upgrades, though they were not necessary for it's reliability. I swapped out the trigger for one from a buddies Kimber and I changed the MSH for one with the magwell. I also changed the grips, but that was cosmetic, because I thought the factory grips where less than good looking. Everything else is stock.

·
Premium Member
128,264 Posts
H&M has a minimum charge of $200, but that would probably be the whole gun and maybe some mags. I would call Shade and see what all you can get done.

Will you PM me contact info, please?

·
Registered
22,575 Posts
Nice looking Cidatel Bart. I saw the review on Gallery of Guns and that sold me. It shoots really well.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Nice looking Cidatel Bart. I saw the review on Gallery of Guns and that sold me. It shoots really well.
Yeah, I'm very satisfied with my Citadel. It's a reliable 1911, that is perfect size to carry at a price that doesn't break the bank. I have only changed a couple parts, just to make it just like I want it. Honestly I don't understand why someone would choose a RIA, since they are made at the same plant and the Cidadel comes w/ all the upgrades. But, to each his own.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.