Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, my last post in this section was me complaining about my XDm not shooting straight...lets just say you all were right, it was me not the gun. :rolleyes: go figure. I am still looking at getting adjustable sights put on it as well as the Springer Combat Carry trigger job done with a 3.5# pull. I have a couple questions about this...should know but I don't and the only way I will is to ask those who do...

1. What is the difference in the Smooth Trigger Face Lines and Smooth Trigger Face Safety?

2. I am thinking about the Dawson Precision adjustable sight set...question is Fiber optic front & rear or target rear and what size are you using?

Thanks guys!

·
Banned
38,922 Posts
Keep shooting !!

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
Amazing what good trigger control will do for accuracy; huh? Glad you got it "shooting straight".

Can't help with question #1; but, as far as the sights go I use DP adjustables on all my comp guns. Since they were out of black target rear sights when I ordered the first ones I got fiber optic rear sights. Since then I have stayed with the FO sights and love them. Contrary to what a lot of folks say mine have stayed set and held zero. I prefer adjustable sights to match different loads rather than using old Kentucky windage to figure out where to hold with the different loads. Pretty much whatever works for you; but, my vote would go to FO adjustable rears.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Can't help u with #1 eithor. But with the sights I went with Target rear and fiber optic front on my competition guns. Just easier for me. All personal preference. I do suggest which ever way u go. Keep it the same on all your pistols. The color of the fiber optic and the setup with front and red sights.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Contrary to what a lot of folks say mine have stayed set and held zero.
I am guessing that this means that somewhere along the line someone has said something about them not staying at zero? I was kind of wondering about that...

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
Lots of arguments from competitive shooters about whether or not to use adjustable rear sights. Some say use standard sights while others (like me) like the adjustables so you can adjust them to different loads. Think the proof is in the pudding. Most of the Limited shooters in USPSA and ESP shooters in IDPA, that I shoot with, use adjustable sights. Works well for me and I have the same sights on Limited, SSP, and ESP guns. Sights on my CDP gun are fixed but DP worked with me to get the front sight the right height and I'm not changing loads on the .45 ACP.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts