Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took a stock Stag-15 model 1 added a Troy 12" MRF-CX with Magpul XTM rail panels, Tango Down VFG, Troy rear BUIS, and Daniel Defense offset flashlight mount with a Surefire E2D Defender LED (not shown)

All I am waiting for is the Sling to come in the mail. What do you think?

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
You obviously are performing a very high quality upgrade. I like it! I also have a Stag (2T model) that I have upgraded. I would recommend a Magpul CTR or MOE stock (Stags have mil-spec buffer tubes, by the way), Magpul thick commercial recoil pad if you need more length of pull with the short mil-spec tube, Magpul enhanced trigger guard (nicely sculpted and contoured), co-witness reflex optic (I like the C-More Railway), Rock River Arms NM two stage trigger kit, and an RRA safety/selector (I had problems with my Stag safety, it had mushy action and dragged on the rear tang of the trigger).

·
Premium Member
4,402 Posts
How do you like the XTM rail panels? I'm thinking about picking up some soon.

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
that has to be the ugliest ar15 ive seen!!!!

im just jealous of your sexy black rifle

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The XTMs are nice, They are solid when on but not impossible to get off and since there is no cutting it is easy to reconfigure.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
I have always like the additional "real estate" that the Troy 12" MRF-CX offers. I have a similar Daniel Defense setup on one of my rifles. Looks great to me!!! Congrats on a nice build out.

I agree with Wild Rice...needs a CTR stock!! I'd also a MIAD grip and the enhanced trigger guard.

·
Registered
367 Posts
How do you like the XTM rail panels? I'm thinking about picking up some soon.

I really like the XTMs, I have them on my AR. they are comfortable and don't feel as bulky as some other rail covers. they are a breeze to install and remove, just be careful when prying them apart.(I can see someone wanting to use a knife but that might break an arm)

I also like them cause they allow you to mix and match the colors, I originally was going to checkerboard them between black & FDE, then I went black top FDE bottom and now I just have both sides as FDE and bottom rail as Black.

was

is

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
I agree with Wild Rice...needs a CTR stock!! I'd also a MIAD grip and the enhanced trigger guard.

While I agree that the Magpul CTR and MOE stocks are great pieces of equipment, if that rifle really wants the secks it needs a UBR!

ETA: I'm really liking those XTM panels too. Can't decide if I want those or the ladders.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I wanted the ladders but after talking to the guy at Alamo Tactical I found out that the rails do not shield bare hands from heat.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
While I agree that the Magpul CTR and MOE stocks are great pieces of equipment, if that rifle really wants the secks it needs a UBR!
I love the UBR and agree that it is an excellent piece of kit. I finally got to hold/shoulder one the other day and was very impressed...with everything except the price tag which hurt a little at $300. I tried to reason with the guy, but he wouldn't move off his price. I don't really need one right now, but it sure would have been nice to have for a build I am sloooooooowly getting together piece by piece (9mm variant).

·
Registered
131 Posts
i want to get new front hand rail ,,is the one u have a free float or is it just
extended out past the front sight and if so i have the carbine length can i just buy the longer one and install that one or no ,,what size did u buy ,,

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It is a Troy MRF-CX 12" free float rail and my rifle has a 16" barrel. So far i love it, it was incredibly easy to install and it is rock solid. All you need to do is cut the delta wring and remove the spring and washer with pliers. 5 allen head screwsa nd you are in business. I bought mine from Alamo Tactical but They are available anywhere that carries Troy Industries gear.

·
Premium Member
9,204 Posts
Sexy!

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
Dude, that's HOT!! I've never seen a drop in rail that goes round the FSB like that. I personally am not a fan of FSB's so all mine will have Flip Ups on them, but that definitely adds a whole new level to sexy!!

Your bringing sexy back, whoa.........

1 - 17 of 17 Posts