Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First time gun owner and new to the site. I got to shoot my new XDM 40 today. Put a couple hundred rounds through it. Awesome gun! Sights were right on straight out of the box and it performed flawlessly. Very hot here in CT today hands were very sweaty and the grip performed very well. Never had readjust my hands while shooting. Very happy with my decision to buy the XDM for my first handgun! :D

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
Wow! That's great. Good choice on the weapon. Also wanted to congratulate you on being able to hit the target squarely right away. Some of us that are used to shorter lighter triggers tend to twist the gun down and to the left when firing.

What ever you're doing, keep doing it!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Welcome from DFW TX. And Congrats on your new purchase. I had the same problem when I purchased my first handgun (XDm45) just last month... What gun should I get next? lol

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Congratz and Welcome from IL and a fellow XDM .40 owner.

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
I would focus on the gun you have now. Buy some extra mags and lots of ammo!

The economy is in shambles, do your part to stimulate the economy -- get your next gun!

How about a small one for CC and a good custom holster? Oh, and the advice to get extra mags and lots of ammo is excellent. Do that too!

·
Registered
11,292 Posts
Congrats! You can also put a good tac light on it, with some Trijicon HD Night Sights

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I am looking into buying some ammo in bulk. I def. shot low and left at first. My friend was with me when I shot this gun and he is an instructor and helped me to correct the problem real quick. I got a holster for inside the pant and can carry pretty comfortably. Still want a smaller gun for carry.

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
I am looking into buying some ammo in bulk.

USAammo.com they have .40 s&w for $12.45 per box of 50 fmj's. Right now a deal for 1/2 off shipping too.

Yesterday there was a deal to save 50 on orders of 100 or more.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts