Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking into buying my first Xds. I had a Springfield Champion that I used to carry,but I sold it to buy my new STI Trojan for shooting USPSA. I need to get a new carry gun now.
My son wants to start shooting at matches now and he is going to need a pistol too. He will be shooting in production class.
I really liked my Champion,there was never any feeding problems or any other problems period with that gun. I think Springfield makes really good products and I wouldn't hesitate to buy another.
My son and I were out looking at pistols the other day and believe that we have decided on the XDs. My son wants a 5" .40 for shooting matches and I want the sub compact in .40 to carry.
I have been reading alot of posts here and have seen alot of very nice XDs here.
I was wondering what any of you would suggest for upgrades,if any at all, for a stock XD? I know I want the magazine extensions on my mags whan I get mine. Other than that what would you all suggest?

Thanks

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
IMHO, XD's are the greatest pistols you can buy for the money. Out of the box they are awesome. Regarding upgrades, I have a service model with a Don's Guide Rod and a #22 spring. I don't think that's available for SC and Tactical models. If you want to compete with it a trigger job might be in order, but XD's are known for having excellent triggers anyway.

Welcome to the board, by the way.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Son of Norway said:
IMHO, XD's are the greatest pistols you can buy for the money. Out of the box they are awesome. Regarding upgrades, I have a service model with a Don's Guide Rod and a #22 spring. I don't think that's available for SC and Tactical models. If you want to compete with it a trigger job might be in order, but XD's are known for having excellent triggers anyway.

Welcome to the board, by the way.
+1

1 - 4 of 4 Posts