Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I am new to the xd forum and to the xd world. I am planning to trade of my cz 40b for a xd 45 compact for my carry weapon. (Seems the best to have both worlds compact and fullsize in one gun). I am planning a trip to front sight training in January. Their class package includes a new xd service model in your choice of caliber. I am having a tough time with the decision.

So the choice is either the 9mm or the .40 and then buying the 9mm conversion kit.
Or there is always another .45.

What would you do?

Thanks!!
Matt

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
My advice buy the 45 Compact Tactical then when you go to Front Sight and get your 45 Service you can essentially have 4 guns out of the two. You can swap the slides and frames out on the 45's and have at least 4 different configs with just the 2 guns.

Oh yeah welcome to the forum!!!

·
Premium Member
5,354 Posts
Get the XD 45 Compact for carry. Get the 9mm from Front Sight for much cheaper practice and range time. I don't think you need a 45 Service since the Compact can mimic one with the extended mag. You will like being able to shoot 9mm and not have to pay for 45!

·
Registered
7,827 Posts
aw.. the never ending battle, which cal?? Hummm I prefer the 40.. more comfortable to shoot for long periods..
Where are you calling from?? Welcome to the forum!!

·
Registered
173 Posts
my vote is for the 9...only because I'm a little more accurate with it...I really believe each person has to shoot the calibers, then decide for themselves...

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
Don't mean to hijack but I am thinking of getting an XD45c and getting a 9mm conversion would seal the deal. Can't (at least not yet) find Front Sight other than a pistol training school. Would someone tell me where to find a conversion for the .45?

·
Registered
857 Posts
I was going to vote fr a XD45c immediately but you already have good taste I see. Then in January get a 9mm for ammo price. I love the 45 to death but the ammo price is killing me with hw much I like to shoot.

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
I prefer the .40 for carry and self defense purposes but I like the 9mm when its time to go out and play.

The Service 40 with 155gr (Or you could search around for some 135gr) ammo has a very controllable recoil and is nice to shoot at the range but the 9mm with some light loads (116gr or 123gr) is a pleasure to shoot all day.

It is more cost effective with the 9mm... at around $8 a box over the .40 at $14 or so a box of 50...

·
Registered
432 Posts
Get the XD 45 Compact for carry. Get the 9mm from Front Sight for much cheaper practice and range time. I don't think you need a 45 Service since the Compact can mimic one with the extended mag. You will like being able to shoot 9mm and not have to pay for 45!

+1 That's how I'd do it! Definatly a pretty cool deal that Front Sight has going on. Wish I coulod go!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the responses!! Im still a bit undecided but any xd is a good decision!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts