Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got home with a new XD 40 (I had intended on buying a Glock, but fel in love with the Springfield) I was wondering if a guide rod/spring upgrade would be a good idea (does it help the pistol that much?)
thanks in advance

·
Super Moderator
8,970 Posts
It is a very popular mod for good reason. A solid rod setup allows you to select a spring weight that best fits your shooting style.

Welcome to Team XD! :)

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the help guys, I'll have to go shoot it tonight to see how it feels to me. I like the feel of the stock 17lb recoil spring, the only other pistol I have is a Sig 226 .40 and it feels quite a bit heavier than the XD

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
I like the factory spring in my Service XD, but I can see the advantage of the solid guide rod. Take a look at the front end of the factory guide rod, it has some kind of thin disk at the end and has been known to break off. :x

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
There's been reports I believe of the two piece factory rod bindin somehow, and jammin your weapon closed.
Of course it's covered by the factory, but a little preventive maintenence never hurts.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I own a XD 40.. I havent done any modifications to it so its all factory. I shoot just fine with it, its accurate right out of the box and the felt recoil on the .40 isnt much different to a 9mm IMO, you will notice its a bit snappy but very manageable

·
Registered
239 Posts
My XD-9 hasn't had any modifications to it and it shoots just fine. I would think about getting the rod and spring if there wasn't so many other guns I want.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts