Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings fellow shooters. I'm new too the forums here, I've spent many months just lurking around getting informed. I've shot many handguns through my life and I currently own a Sig p220 and a Glock G17 and a XDS 9mm 3,3,. The XDS 9 mm was my first subcompact purchase about 7 months ago, I loved the feel of the gun and have put enough rounds to get comfortable with the smaller gun, I'm not a fan of 250 or 500 rounds, Just enough to feel confident and use to how the gun reacts.

That being said, I go back and hit the range maybe once a month sometimes longer and put 50 through it just to stay fresh. I did a lot of research here before deciding on the XDS 45. I will admit, I shyed away from the .45 and went with the 9mm at first. I've had no problems with the 9, it has performed beautifully and flawlessly. The .45 I purchased last week I hit the range with two boxes of Remington FMJ 230g. 50 from my right and 50 from the left.

I was very impressed, the recoil was not as bad as I imagined for such a caliber and small gun. I instantly fell in love with this thing. Nice group, little left and low at first, no jams, nothing but a flawless session. I have been on the side as most and were reluctant on the .45. This is not a handgun for beginners, I repeat it is not for beginners. Get comfortable with a bigger handgun, it took me awhile on the smaller subcompact to get confident. I will say this, the XDS is by far my favorite, and now the .45 is at the top of the list.

I still have a lot to learn and I'm by far not the best shooter out there. But be assured my experience is, you can't limp wrist this thing. Not saying you have to put a death grip on it either. It seems all I have read from jam issues is either a substandard ammo or a weak grip. I've had more jams with my Sig and Glock. Take care of any handgun and it will take care of you. Thank you all for the great advice and has helped me tremendously. Oh was my hands sore and bleeding after shooting ? No, but I've been in printing for 29 years, so my hands are pretty rough.
Thank you for letting me be apart of this forum. Oh yeah, Charlotte NC here.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Another Missouri welcome. nice weapons you have there ENJOY.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the forum from Georgia

·
Premium Member
4,971 Posts
Congrats and Welcome from Central Florida.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Welcome from Wisconsin. ..

·
Registered
89 Posts
welcome from Illinois!!! just don't let the XDS bite you...I learned the hard way :(

1 - 12 of 12 Posts