Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my mind made up. I was going to buy a Glock 19. This after many different rentals. Then this past weekend a friend invites me to shoot his XD before I made my purchase.
Well as most of you already know I was sold. I immediately prefered it over the Glock. So what could I do but order a XD. I went on line to impact guns and order a XD service model with night sights and 15 round magazines.
I hope to have it after my 5 day waiting period.
I look forward to finding much advise on this sight :D

·
Registered
580 Posts
i was similar to your story. i was set on a glock 19...went to the store, and asked to see one...then noticed the "shooters" were carrying XD's. i asked why, and i got a detailed answer to my question that included a side-by-side comparison of each gun and why the XD was "better" than the glock.

haven't regretted a single shot yet. :-D

congrats...welcome to the fold.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Country,

Welcome to the nut house...you'll enjoy all the banter and great info from the experts :p Great choice...

Rikoshey :twisted:

·
Registered
88 Posts
I'd like to say whats up too...not new to the XD,but new here.I've had my XD40 for almost a year now. Being the owner of a Makarov I wanted to get a "real pistol" (not knockin the Mak) and it had to be affordable. I also wanted a 40.I just checked out the features and decided on the XD. I've had guys shooting Sigs commenting on how nice the trigger is. Anyway I'm glad I found the site,lots of usefull info. It's nice to see the gun has such a strong following.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Old Dominion,

Welcome to you also...Join in the fun, this forum is a blast with lots of good guys and a few crazies :evil:

Rikoshey :twisted:

·
Registered
14 Posts
I prefer my XD40 Tactical WAY over my Glock 17. The XD just felt right (and I couldn't afford the H&K I wanted :mrgreen: )

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just bought my first handgun also, an XD 9mm service model. Got it at K's for $349.47! What a deal! It was on sale for 20% off, plus another 5% for using a K's card. Can't wait to practice with it. I'll be reading the postings here often. Walmart has CCI Blazers for 5.97/50 for my practice ammo. Hope to hear some good advice from you guys.

Ice :?

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
XD because it is better then a Block.

Welcome.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts