Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a store closeout today at the local LE Supply store here in Raleigh, NC and thought I would see what folks in the Springfield XD users world think about this new purchase. I found an XD LE Model in .45GAP for less than $350. I have never owned an XD nor have I ever owned a .45 GAP. So I am curious to see what the thoughts on both are.

I like the feel of the gun and the trigger pull. I have previously dealt with Glocks which I am not too enamored with and I tend to lean to Sig firearms as that was my primary duty weapon when I was working (retired 34 yrs LE). I also favor the HK P7 and other HK firearms.

Most of shooting stock is 9mm or .45ACP so this caliber is totally new (and expensive I note). Why did I buy this when I have a stable of 9mm; 45ACP and .38/357 guns? I have no clue other than I am trying to help our poor economy by spreading the wealth (mine to them).

So my biggest ??? is did I go wrong with a .45 GAP? Second, can my gun be retrofitted with a new barrel and new mags in a different caliber? ( 45ACP/9mm/etc).

Thanks in advance for any thoughts or ideas.

Yours truly,

Ed

Raleigh, NC

·
Premium Member
127,099 Posts
Welcome to the forum and the XD family, Ed. Although I have XDs none are in .45 GAP caliber.

·
Premium Member
1,830 Posts
i know of one person with a GAP xd and is looking to trade it in. from whaty he has said the ammo is hard to find and stupid expensive, but its a nice gun.

for less than 350$ id say you did pretty good, cant say i wouldnt have snatched it up at that price.

im also interested if their is conversion barrels or if a ACP barrel might swap in easy.

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
Welcome from Indiana!

·
Premium Member
226 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
989 Posts
Welcome, you got a good price, where did you get it? A buddy of mine got the GAP last year and loves it, ammo isnt as plentiful as 9, 40, or 45. As far as swapping, thats on the 9 & 40 frame so an ACP barrel is out, you can probably convert to 9 or 40 easier.

loved Sigs for 25 yrs myself, the XD 45 got me to put down my Sig. ;)

·
Premium Member
2,297 Posts
Welcome from Minnesota!

·
Premium Member
1,222 Posts
Good job with an XD, but good luck with ammo.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Congrats on your new purchase, and welcome to the forum from CT.

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
welcome to the forum from Milton,FL. Formerly from CT.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Welcome aboard! You got an excellent price on your XD. I purchased an XD .45GAP 4" Service a couple of years ago and have never been sorry. Fits my hand perfectly! Ammo costs a little more but I have not had a problem finding it. Ballistics-wise, in 230gr. it's the same as .45acp.

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Welcome from Minnesota!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts