Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi there, new to this forum , but but have been around the hk, s&w and glock, among others for a while-- my mai quesiton is--- WHY XDM? OR PUT DIFFERENTLY, TO XDM OR NOT TO XDM, THAT'S THE QUESION , AND IF SO WHY??

·
Registered
22,575 Posts
Welcome to the fourm from Louisiana! Try them both and see which you like. Personally I perfer the XDm.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Welcome to the forum, there is no need to yell.

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Welcome from Wonderful Wyoming.

·
Registered
11,293 Posts
Another Texan welcome you! :D

·
Premium Member
23,655 Posts
hello to ya

·
Premium Member
127,706 Posts
Welcome from Ohio.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Welcome from wisconsin.

·
Registered
373 Posts
hi there, new to this forum , but but have been around the hk, s&w and glock, among others for a while-- my mai quesiton is--- WHY XDM? OR PUT DIFFERENTLY, TO XDM OR NOT TO XDM, THAT'S THE QUESION , AND IF SO WHY??
Hey, it looks like you got a lot of welcomes, but not many answers. I became sold on the XDm and bought one last month (Aug). The pitches I heard from shills/reviewers: Match grade barrel, polished feed ramp, short reset trigger, 3 interchangeable backstraps, vastly improved grip, deeper grip serrations on the slide. The overall look of the gun--if you buy guns for their appearance--is slicker, shaplier. Of course, if you buy for looks, you should be looking at a 1911 anyway, but if you've had Glocks, then appearance probably doesn't matter to you. The XDm looks a lot better than a Glock.

Some of that stuff has no meaning, or is not verifiable by me. The grip I can see--compared to the XD I used to have, it is more secure. Three backstraps--I guess that's handy if you have small or large hands. I still have on the original middle sized one, which I presume is what you would have without replaceable backstraps. The feed ramp is nice and shiny. I know the guy on TriggerTalk TV raved about the barrel and trigger. He also really liked the gun (9mm 4.5" barrel version) generally.

The XDm comes with two mags, a mag loader that works very well, a Kydex OWB holster (no use to me) and a two-mag belt carrier (also of no use to me). Nice case. And if you buy before November something and fill out the forms, they'll send you three more hi-cap mags (unless you're in Commiefornia, I imagine) and another two-mag belt carrier to put in your range bag or junk drawer. The .45 cal 13-rd mags are $30 from SA or $27 from Midway USA, and the carrier is $30, so this is a nice bonus, especially if you'd be buying additional mags anyway.

The XDm45 uses the same mags as the XD, so there are plenty around, if you need them. Of course, if you buy now, you'll have five. I have six, but three are strictly for range trips, one has snap caps for my laser trainer, one full in my briefcase, one with 12 rds in the gun for concealed carry. Even though the XDm is more expensive, I suspect its resale value will hold up better, so you might get back some or all of the premium later if you sell--but that's pure speculation. The XDm is a really nice gun, but then, so is the XD.

·
Registered
7,687 Posts
Welcome from Phoenix:

To XDm: If it feels better and shoots better for you.

To not XDm: If the differences don't make that much difference to you. The diff in price buys a lot of ammo.

Both the XD and XDm are fine weapons and will serve you well.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Welcome from Iowa
A lot of reading here, take some time and see what people have had to say.

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
Welcome to the forum...:)

·
Registered
343 Posts
Welcome from Louisiana! It's all about what fits you best. They're both great guns. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I own three XDs and one XDm. The casual shooter won't notice much difference between the the two.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts