Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
Just wanted to introduce myself by telling the story of the first time I fell in love with a gun at first sight. :)
I was looking for a new carry gun to replace a Taurus 651 Protector .357 mag. I had looked at several guns, including several Glocks and a Taurus Milennium. Then I noticed an XD9 SC last Saturday and had a look. As soon as I picked it up, it immediately seemed at home in my hand. Five minutes later, I was filling out the paperwork. Upon leaving the store, I drove 60 miles to the nearest range to try her out. 15 min and 75 rounds later, I had forgotten all about the trusty revover i had just traded in and was abuzz with the feeling that I had just found the (nearly) perfect carry gun. At 30 ft, I could reliably hit specific body parts on a silohuette and at 50 ft, groups averaged 3". A subsequent trip to a different range the next day put the XD nearly on par with my all around favorite handgun, the Beretta 92, with the vast majority of 15 rounds at 25 yards casual rapid fire going into the black of a standard rapid fire target - this with cheap-ass Wolf ammo, nonetheless.

As far as carry goes, with the flush-fitting mags, the gun is as concealable as the snubby .357 was and with the 15 rounders with grip extension, wearing a loose T-shirt could only be noticed as a slight bulge by an observant person when bending over. I also like having 3 times as many rounds available for immediate use. I am already planning on getting a 4" or 5" XD in .357 Sig, when finances permit.

·
Registered
245 Posts
churchman2003c said:
You will not be sorry if you get the XD in .357 Sig !

I'll second that. Of all the calibers I have ever shot the .357sig XD is my all time favorite.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts