Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all im new here and to a 357 SIG. I searched all over this forum for somthing about the 357 but never found anything i put about 150 rounds through it and love it any other 357 shooter chime in i plan on doing some mods i have found the trigger pull is a little much and i would like a tactical light and some other goodies

·
Registered
186 Posts
Hello all im new here and to a 357 SIG. I searched all over this forum for somthing about the 357 but never found anything i put about 150 rounds through it and love it any other 357 shooter chime in i plan on doing some mods i have found the trigger pull is a little much
Compared to what? Not picking, just curious what other platforms you've used?

and i would like a tactical light and some other goodies
.357 Sig is a great although pricecy round. I shoot it out of a P229SAS (I have both the .40 and .357 barrels).

You might look here for how the .357Sig compares to others rounds:
Winchester Law Enforcement

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
IVe got a glock 23 40 cal and my brother has a taurus 40 cal not sure what model i just think the trigger is a little heavy....I feel like i jerk rather than squeeze the trigger ive read all about the ballistics and know the round and how it compares to others i just havent seen any other 357 shooters on this forum or maybe they everyone is just showin off thier 40's and 45's and before someone says it i know i could have bought a 357 barrel for my glock but i wanted another toy and absolutly love my xd

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Welcome to the forum. There's a few guys around here that have 357 sigs. Its a great round if you can afford to shoot it. I shot a buddies glock 32 in 357 sig and it shot great.

As far as the trigger, I would put another few hundred rounds through your pistol before you try a trigger mod on it. My xd40 lightened up quite a bit after I got around 350-400 rounds through it. I would guess my trigger isn't far from 3 pounds now, without any mods. That said there's plenty of guys here that have had trigger work done on their xds, and I'm sure they'll be able to point you in the right direction.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Welcome to the board. Not to many .357's it seems and you are the first to post about one that I recall in my short time on here. Personally I looked at a Ruger SP101??? revolver .357 but decided a pistol would be more fun and went with the 40. I'd be interested to hear how it works after a few more rounds make their way through it.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
My father has a .357 sig. It's a great shooting weapon. Yes give the triger time to break in. It's like buying a performance car. Needs broke it to feel the real thrill. Make sure you apply light even triger pull. Jerking will typicaly cause you too shoot high.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I'm just going to say this. Let me rephrase what I posted. Most people who jerk, do so because they are they are anticipating the recoil. So they jerk the trigger and jerk the gun upward. That's typical from my experience watching people during qualifing, and on public ranges. That will cause you too shoot high, or high and left. Now if you just jerk the trigger, it will typicaly cause you too shoot low and left I agree. That's where practice, and feeling comfortable with the noise and recoil comes into play.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I agree about the ammo price problem. (Great round but pricey!) That's why I'm looking at a barrel conversion for my XDM 40. This way I have the best of both worlds.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I enjoy going to the range with mine (I reload and have moved to the 147 Grn. and have found the recoil reduced) B.J.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts