Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone, I'm the newest kid on the block.

In short, I've down sized from a house to a condo and moved just up the street about 3 blocks, and that was less than 90 days ago. Since then, the cops have been to the apts next to (on both sides) as well as behind me on several occations. A few weeks ago a guy was sighted next do shaking doors, and patio gates. Some one hit the light on the patio and the guy disappeared down the street. He had a towel wrapped around his hand and was checking doors. It took the cops about 20 minutes to respond and anything could've happened in the mean time. The situation kind of freaked me out so I decided it was time to rearm myself.

I've taken a couple of defensive (tactical) shooting courses, bought a XD-40 Sub Compact, and a 12 gauge. Well, I decided that wasn't enough firepower so I bought a FNH 9mm and out of 500 rnds I lost track of all the problems that gun had @ 9. I took it back to my gun guy, and he just happened to have the XDM-40 NIB. All I can say is, "What a trigger system"? Smooth as glass, and nice tight groupings.

I love my XDM 40, and it's baby brother the XD-40 SC. The sub compact is my carry gun, and the XDM 40 with a M3 InSight rail light is the perfect home companion.

I guess the shotgun will have to be the mop-up duty for now...

Anyway, the only disappointment I have is that the XD's (for the money) doesn't come with night sights.

I just purchased my XDM today on Veterans Day thinking that it's a good tribute to all the Vets in America that have sacrificed so much for me, and us all!

Thank You Veterans! You have my utmost respect!

BigTiki007
Fenton Miller
Overland Park Kansas

"Land of the Free because of the Brave"!

·
Premium Member
4,843 Posts
Welcome from AZ.

·
Premium Member
127,154 Posts
Welcome from Ohio.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Howdy from Texas.

Buy a motion light for your side windows and doors. Bad guys are like vampires; light = bad.

·
Registered
7,827 Posts
Well Mr. Miller, now that is an intro, good job and welcome to the forum!!! And I always thought tornados was your worst fear... little did I know!!

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Welcome to the forum from CT.

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
Welcome from Indiana!

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Welcome to the forum