Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Glad to be here. Recently acquired an XD 9mm for my personal defense weapon after considering a number of others, including Glock, H&K, Sig, etc. Generally concluded that the XD has everything I want/need in a PD weapon, at a price the others cannot touch.

So far, I am very happy with my choice--500 rounds through the gun without a hiccup, and very comfortable with it.

Look forward to soaking up a lot of information on the forum--and hopefully offer a point or two myself along the way!

·
Premium Member
22,397 Posts
glad u found the list yur hooked now on the xd's like the rest of us

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Welcome XDerminator!! There is so much info around here, you will find it difficult to keep up with it all.. stick around for a while.. you won't regret it.

Raymond

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
RicochetJim said:
Welcome to the family.. You didn't say, is your XD-9 a Service model or Subcompact? I love both my XD's. :mrgreen:
Mine is the 4" Service model. I like the subcompact, and if we had a CCW law in Kansas, I probably would have opted for it, but . . .

I also thought very seriously about the .40, but since I would like to get my wife to the range and get her educated and comfortable with the gun as well, I opted for the 9mm. I'm a decent shot, so I am not worried about hitting what I am aiming for, and if it comes down to it, I am comfortable believing that a coupla Federal HydraShocks will drop just about anybody--and I ain't expecting Andre the Giant to come knocking!!!

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
Congrats on your new XD and welcome to the forum!

:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts