Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I just got my 1st XD and this is my 1st post here on XD talk. I just bought the XD-40 V-10 and love it. I've been a Glock guy for quite sometime, until this past summer when my best friend got a XD-45, we took it straight to the range and put her to work. I brought my Glock 22 and we shot about 150 rounds each. After he shot the 1st box through it he passed her over to me, dam I couldn't believe how smnooth the trigger was and for a noncustom gun how accurate it was, at 25-30 yrds we were shooting 1.5" groups. I was very impressed and had to get one. I wanted a 45 but ran accross this 40 v-10 with a great price. I haven't got a chance to shoot it yet but I'll let you all know when I do.

Something I noticed was the barrel was ported, my friends 45 wasn't ported like this XD-40. I didn't know Springfield did this, I thought it was something added by the orginial owner. What kind of report has Springfield gotten fom the buyers in the field. I'm just trying to learn a little bit more about this firearm....

Thanks,
SKS

·
Premium Member
641 Posts
Welcome aboard from Missouri. The ported .40 is the only XD that Springfield sells with out having to order it through the custom shop. I have a buddy that has one and it shoots oh so smooth. Looks cool at night too when the fire exit the barrel. Now you need to polish the barrel. Add a little bling if your into that sorta thing.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the welcome guys, I appreciate it. Yea I might polish the barrel. I like my guns to perform as good as they look... I my XD off GB and didn't even know about the V-10/Ported Barrel line. I thought that the last owner had it done. I'm even more excited to go shoot now..........................

SKS

·
Premium Member
3,194 Posts
Hello and welcome from Wisconsin

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
Welcome from Indiana!

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Welcome to the forum from CT.

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Welcome from Minnesota.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the XD!!!

·
Premium Member
11,114 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Pennsylvania! The V-10 seems like a nice toy to have. I love my XD9 and XD40 tactical.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts