Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have been checking out the blog for a little while, the information is very helpful. I have just jumped into the world of handguns, I bought a XDm 4.5 9mm. I have put about 300 rounds through it and haven't had a issue with it.

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Welcome from Wonderful Wyoming.

·
Premium Member
23,670 Posts
hello there

·
Registered
4,290 Posts
Welcome, and you will fall in love with handguns. Your first, the XD(M) 4.5 9mm is a great choice, you kind of skipped the mid-class handguns and went with one of the top ones. Congrats and be safe.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Same weapon I bought this summer and I LOVE it. Easy to shoot, easy to clean, easy to own. Welcome to the forum, it has a great repository of knowledge. Welcome aboard...

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
11,293 Posts
Welcome to the Forum from Texas, and to the Springfield family! :D

·
Registered
725 Posts
Welcome from IL

Watch out for the gun bug. My first handgun was a XDm9 as well. Few months later I bought the XD9SC. Then a few months after that I was looking at an AR15, 1911 or a SC 1911. Decided I should get familiar with the guns I bought and get most of the basics down first. Then move on from there.

Congrats!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Welcome from IL

Watch out for the gun bug. My first handgun was a XDm9 as well. Few months later I bought the XD9SC. Then a few months after that I was looking at an AR15, 1911 or a SC 1911. Decided I should get familiar with the guns I bought and get most of the basics down first. Then move on from there.

Congrats!
Yeah I feel you there I have been looking for my second gun already, I also have a Remington 870 for Duck hunting. Any suggestions for AR-15 books or websites to expand my knowledge? Also I noticed you live in IL where is the best place to get info on getting a FOID card. I will be going home every other weekend to visit my wife so I am not sure whether to apply right away or keep my MI license till next year.

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
Welcome to the forum...:)

·
Premium Member
4,971 Posts
Welcome from Central Florida!

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Welcome from Iowa

·
Registered
768 Posts
welcome, i have a similar story to yours. i just bought my first handgun an XD-45 Service, and love it. i am glad i did not go to the mid-grade, and bought a higher end pistol.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Yeah I feel you there I have been looking for my second gun already, I also have a Remington 870 for Duck hunting. Any suggestions for AR-15 books or websites to expand my knowledge? Also I noticed you live in IL where is the best place to get info on getting a FOID card. I will be going home every other weekend to visit my wife so I am not sure whether to apply right away or keep my MI license till next year.
Suggestions for an AR15 builds I used these forums. There are sections on AR and poking around them and reading a lot, you will find what you're looking for.

You can get a FOID card application from IL Walmart, gun store and shooting range. A lot of people were saying it can take up to 60 days to receive the FOID card in the mail. I think mine took about 14 days. From what I was told, its not done by State. Its done by county or districts??? So it all depends on how backed up the area you apply is.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum from Northern California!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks for all the info on where and how to get FOID cards. I will be living in Decatur any suggestions from the Illinois members on good ranges to shoot around Decatur? Hoping to find a place less than a hour away, but I am willing to drive. Thanks in advance. Also thanks for all the welcoming comments from forum members!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts