Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!
I am new to the forum although I have been shooting my 9MM XD Service pistol in IDPA for about 4 years. I had Springfield do a trigger job and install a Barstow match barrel 3 years ago. It has Tru Glow fiber optic sights. Love this gun! Lately I have been shooting a 1911 in 9MM with a 11 pound spring and handloading a 147 grain with 3.4 of Tite Group for about 880 fps to make power factor for ESP in IDPA. It runs great! I just found the Pistol Gear guide rod for the service pistol and the lightest spring I see is 18 pounds. Can anyone tell me the stock weight for the factory spring. Trying to find a combo that will work with my load. I am looking forward to spending time on the site.
Thanks.
smblk406

·
Premium Member
127,068 Posts
Welcome from Ohio.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
I believe the stock recoil spring weight for the XD 9 Service is 18#. That's what it is for the XD 40 Service, and I believe they're the same - you might try emailing Springfield about this as they can tell you for sure.

joe

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the reception!! I was hoping for a lighter spring to run these lighter loads. I do not think they will over come an 18# spring. I guess I should try.

·
Premium Member
3,448 Posts
Welcome to the Forum from Colorado

·
Premium Member
4,843 Posts
Welcome from AZ!

·
Registered
7,827 Posts
Welcome to the forum, what state you in?? There was a thread about springs a few months ago, but I cannot recall what exactly what the #s were.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
You might try checking the Wolff site - they might be able to find you a 16 or 14# spring. If you go with a Don's Guide Rod that might work - just a thought.

joe

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm in Maryland. I have a call into Dave at Wolff. They do not list reduced power springs. 18# is lower than stock which is 20. I am waiting for a call back. Pistol gear emailed me back and said the 18 will work. I will check with wolff and go from there.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts