Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, Well, I just wanted to introduce myself, im Joe. Just got my XD last Thursday, got my permit to carry today. I just wanted to ask if anyone has some first time pointers for me. Like i said I just bought the XD, and any input would be greatly appreciated. How to talk to you all soon.

- - Joe

·
Registered
347 Posts
Good to meet you. Personally what I did first with my XD (after reading a bunch of posts here), was:

1) Replaced the stock guide rod with a "Don's Guide Rod". If you have the 9mm, I've heard going beyond 18# isn't good in the replacement spring, if you have the .40, folks use anything from 18# to 24#, I like the 24#. You can get these from a couple of our forum sponsors, Old School and Ajames. www.pistol-gear.com and www.xd-hs2000.com respectively.

2) Bought some Armadillo by Blue Wonder, and gave the slide a good solid coating to avoid being a "rust statistic". Though it doesn't seem to be a highly common thing, I didn't want to be another statistic on that list. Once again, available through forum sponsers listed above.

3) Took her out to the range and put a few hundred rounds out the barrel (the best part :))

Matthew

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I suggest lots of BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM. Works for me, anyway. :wink:

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

I can't really add much more than they have already said. Just hook us up w/ a range report when you take her out and maybe some pics :)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replys....I am going to the range tonight, i will post tomorow on how everything goes. And I will try to get some pics ASAP

·
Registered
163 Posts
You can never do to much BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM...The more the better

Rikoshey :twisted:

·
Registered
795 Posts
I feel like he’s trolling you since you responded to both of his necrothreads

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I think you may be correct.
Sometimes ignoring that thing that annoys you is more effective than complaining about it. If somebody is doing something because they feed on attention - it’s best to let them starve.

·
Premium Member
17,766 Posts
I think you may be correct.
Sometimes ignoring that thing that annoys you is more effective than complaining about it. If somebody is doing something because they feed on attention - it’s best to let them starve.
Or knock them on their ass.

Either one.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Or knock them on their ass.

Either one.
If only we could reach them.....

People are pretty bold from behind their keyboards in cyberspace.
But man, you should see the look on their face when you get face to face with them and help them understand you know who they are!

Friggin’ PRICELESS!

·
Banned
1,147 Posts
so am i to understand that you guys on a gun related forum are advocating knocking someone on their ass for simply annoying you? sounds pretty much like a setup to someone justifiably shooting you.

·
Registered
29,597 Posts
so am i to understand that you guys on a gun related forum are advocating knocking someone on their ass for simply annoying you? sounds pretty much like a setup to someone justifiably shooting you.
Failed English, too, if you don’t understand the concept of metaphor.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Sometimes people get what they are asking for.

It’s not so much the physical act of putting somebody on their ass, but rather providing the annoying troll with the realization that they are not actually anonymous, and that hiding behind a keyboard and the internet provides them zero protection from real people in real life.

What are you asking for?

Just like others on here that troll for attention... enjoy this last post from me as you too have earned the ignore list.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts