Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been trolling and researching for a while now. Went to a local gun show yesterday and walked away the proud owner of a bi-tone XD40 4". Had 3 12rd mags, lock, belt holster, and a little better cloth holster for 460.00. I thought it was a decent price. Now the only problem is waiting for my day off next weekend to go break it in. A few questions, what types/brand of ammo would you suggest to put through it first time out and is there anything else I need to know? Not a first time shooter, but first time owner. Thanks.

Sean

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
Welcome aboard!
Shoot anything in your new XD that you would like, My wife and I have 9mm's and they are not finicky at all. I shoot alot of .40's in my Sig, mostly handloads but i do know that for target ammo, CCI blazer ammo is hot, winchester is about middle of the road and federal is on the lower end.
Shoot safe and have fun!

·
Registered
477 Posts
About all my XD40 sees is WWB value packs from wal-mart. Any .40 will do but the value packs are the cheapest that I've found. Good luck and enjoy.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
First off.. welcome to the forum..

Second.. it's not a "toy." A Toy is something you play with.. A pistol is not a "toy."

Now, I realize that you are not stupid enough to have a ND like I did.. So this is probably wasted time lecturing on how a pistol is not a "toy," but I feel like saying it, and it can't hurt anybody by reminding everyone that it isn't a "toy."

Raymond

·
Registered
252 Posts
Great reminder Ray, and welcome to the newcomer. :wink:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I understand where you are coming from but I have been raised around guns my whole life. I have enjoyed shooting trips with my father as long as I can remember. And I am happy with my choice, just can't wait to get some free time to break it in. But to make everyone happy and not to stir things up I went ahead and changed the title. I will mostly be plinking with it, but it will also be used for home defense, taking its place in my nightstand. No small children or anyone that can get hold of it there though so no worries.

And as far as accessories, I'm going to get used to the stock sights for a couple trips then look at upgrading.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Welcome to the forum dude! You'll find this place very full of useful information.
Let us know how ya like it :p

1 - 10 of 10 Posts