Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've had my XD .40 for a little over 2 years now, and it is the greatest gun i've ever owned... it was also my first handgun... i have my XD and a taurus .380. i'm in the process of selling my .380 to a friend of mine and am in need of something to replace it.

i'm torn between the XDM .40 and the XD .40 sub compact. a local dealer will sell me a XD sub compact (new) for $475, and a XDM for $550... is the XDM worth the extra $75? what are the pros and cons of both? i've read alot of reviews on the net about both and that only confused me more as to which one i want... they're both excellent guns, but i'd like to find out first hand from people who own one, or maybe both of them... i will be using it to conceal carry 90% of the time. i know it is a great deal bigger than my .380, but i'm thinking i'll be okay with my "uncle mikes" inside the pant holster...

any thoughts and suggestions are greatly appreciated!

thanks!
nick

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i don't know if i'd be able to shoot them since they're both brand new... a friend of mine is a local police officer and he thinks i should get the XDM... alot of the other officers have them (personal use) and love them...

BTW. our local police force carries SA XD .40!! what a great gun!

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
You can look at the site for the upgrades but some of them are as follows:
Match grade barrel
improved trigger (still kinda mushy though)
replaceable backstraps (comes with 3 different sizes)
larger slide serrations for easier slide racking.

I've owned an xd40sc, xdm9 and an xdm40. I really like the xdm but you can't go wrong with either.

·
Registered
113 Posts
just went thought the same thing. i picked the XDm 40 compact

·
Registered
216 Posts
Welcome. I've been a member for a while but haven't posted much. Kind of lost my way but now I am back on the Springfield bandwagon and slowly replacing all my guns with SA guns.

I have the XD40SC and love it but I just purchased the XD(M) 3.8 in 9mm. I also have the XD(M) .45 and love the XDM platform. You said you have an XD 40 so if you are used to carrying that then I would look at the XD(m) 3.8 in .40 - Springfield Armory - Introducing the XD(m) Polymer Handgun

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
just went thought the same thing. i picked the XDm 40 compact
+1... If you're torn between the XDM40 and the XD40sc, get the best of both worlds and get the XDM40c.

I just traded my XDsc for the XDMc. The "M-Factor" hype didn't really weigh into it. They both shoot nicely, but the XDMc short grip just plain felt better (in my hand) to shoot than my XDsc.

Find a range with a good rental selection (or find an shooting club with a bunch of XD/XDM owners) and compare for yourself. I've not yet met an XD owner that didn't offer to let me try theirs. :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
You can always get an XD40sc and get a PRP trigger. If the gun feels good and you don't need adjustable backstraps or match grade barrel. I personally like the way the XD feels more than the XDM, but everyone has their own preference.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts