Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just wanted to post and say I bought my first handgun ever the Xds 9mm 4.0. It's a rele shift shooting 9mm. I have only shot a .45, .40 and .357 Sig before tho. Signed up for the promo for the mags which was a great thing!
Put 120 rnds throught it last night after a cleaning withi some dish soap and water and oiled her up and no issues what so ever. Cleaned it up again and wanna shoot again tonight.

Shots were mostly all over the place so I need to get the trigger down and my flinching to a minimum. But when I was at abou tthe 10 feet mark I was shooting low to the left like others have started. Think it is cause I am anticipating recoil.

Any advice for a new owner is appreciated. I.e. how you practice at the range (targets, feet, yards), hold over on target (6 oclock) holsters or anything you wanna add.

I just used some 115 gr fmj federal aluminum and brass case and hornady xtps ran thought it no problem at all.

The accesories the xds came with are nice also.

Pics attached!

Attachments

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome. I've got a 3.3 45 on the way. Can't wait to get it and shoot it myself.
I was debating between the shield and the xds. I picked the xds. My next challenge was to get the 3.3 or the 4.0. 45 acp or 9mm lol. Lots of choices but I opted for the 4.0 9mm. Its a little heavier but socks up the recoil of the 9. I like it and do not think it is unwieldy as some have said.

I do love the stainless slide but that was more expensive so I passed on it :sad:.

Hope you like your xds 3.3!

·
Registered
272 Posts
I was debating between the shield and the xds. I picked the xds. My next challenge was to get the 3.3 or the 4.0. 45 acp or 9mm lol. Lots of choices but I opted for the 4.0 9mm. Its a little heavier but socks up the recoil of the 9. I like it and do not think it is unwieldy as some have said.

I do love the stainless slide but that was more expensive so I passed on it :sad:.

Hope you like your xds 3.3!
I went back and forth on the 9 and 45 b/c my other XD is a 9. Same ammo would be nice but I really wanted the 45. I was always set on the 3.3.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Welcome from Georgia

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I went back and forth on the 9 and 45 b/c my other XD is a 9. Same ammo would be nice but I really wanted the 45. I was always set on the 3.3.
I liked the 3.3 but the shop only had it in the stainless and it was more money. So i held the 4.0 and said what the hell .7 inches more and less money Ill go wtih it lol. The extra weight I think 2 ounces helps with shooting it also I am presuming.

I have heard all the XDs shoot great tho.

It honestly wasn't on my radar at all until I held one and thought about it.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was hoping I'd get a call before lunch so I could go get it on break, but that didn't happen.
That is too bad. I was hoping to get out of work early to shoot. Probably not happening .....I'll be dry firing again tonight

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Put another 80 rnds through her today. Tula brass Max 115 gr. Had two end that wouldn't chamber, to long casing, the ammo is not very good in my opinion.

Round was stuck hanging out chamber had to get it out with bras rod. After that I put a mag in and it must not have seated all the way and the mag ease rotated and had no pressure. I messed around with it and finally got the mag to release and its working fine again....I read about this occurring.

Shot at 10 feet today.

Was going to post group pics but my phone browser won't let me

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks everyone! :D

·
Registered
80 Posts
Congrats on getting such a great gun. I had problems with mine shooting it before cleaning and oiling but she's running like a champ now. Same as yours, 9/4.0
I love the XD/m/s line. The perfect combat handguns.

·
Premium Member
4,971 Posts
Welcome from Central Florida.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Congrats on getting such a great gun. I had problems with mine shooting it before cleaning and oiling but she's running like a champ now. Same as yours, 9/4.0
I love the XD/m/s line. The perfect combat handguns.
This is my first handgun but I do see myself buying another SA Xd or a SA 1911

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I've been out of town on business this week. I'm going to pick it up today.
Great. My mags from the promo were here today so I was excited and surprised when I got home.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts