Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Howdy!

I'm pretty new here, just had one other post, although I've been a viewer of the forum for a couple years. Thanks for everybody's knowledge and expertise regarding the xd-45...it helped my decide to purchase one! I've owned one now for about a year and a half. It has been awesome to shoot! Recently it has had a few FTFs but its only had about 250 rounds through it so I'll probably have to give it a little bit more time to fully break in.

Just wanted to formerly say hello and I hope to be a contributing member of the forum.

I *do* have a question about another version of the XD 45...I'm looking at carrying one day soon, and I really like the XD-45 Compact Bi-Tone in OD green. On the Springfield website they list it as having a "One piece full length guide rod". Would this be different than the guide rod normally found in the service model that has been liable to have the issue with locking up, or are we talking about the same thing? Thanks to anyone for chiming in!

Also, if anyone who has experienced some FTFs in their XD and has some suggestions, I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Howdy!

I'm pretty new here, just had one other post, although I've been a viewer of the forum for a couple years. Thanks for everybody's knowledge and expertise regarding the xd-45...it helped my decide to purchase one! I've owned one now for about a year and a half. It has been awesome to shoot! Recently it has had a few FTFs but its only had about 250 rounds through it so I'll probably have to give it a little bit more time to fully break in.

Just wanted to formerly say hello and I hope to be a contributing member of the forum.

I *do* have a question about another version of the XD 45...I'm looking at carrying one day soon, and I really like the XD-45 Compact Bi-Tone in OD green. On the Springfield website they list it as having a "One piece full length guide rod". Would this be different than the guide rod normally found in the service model that has been liable to have the issue with locking up, or are we talking about the same thing? Thanks to anyone for chiming in!

Also, if anyone who has experienced some FTFs in their XD and has some suggestions, I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Thanks!
No it lists it as a dual spring full length guide rod. Which means it is just like the Service and has a 2 piece guide rod. I don't know what you mean about the Service having an issue of locking up. I have had an XD45 Service and a XD45 Compact 4" and have never had a issue with locking up.

·
Registered
416 Posts
My GF has one, she loves it and has never had a problem with it. I have a service and never had a problem with any 'locking up' hae probably 2k rounds through mine

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
I think the OP is referring to the cases where upon being re-assembled the recoil spring gets a bit off center and will lock-up the action. I expect it would be just as easy with a one-piece.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thats right, I was referring to the lock up issue some people have had when assembling the pistol and putting the guide rod back in incorrectly.

Here is the page that lists the full length guide rod on the compact:

Springfield Armory

Perhaps they got it wrong?

Thanks for the replies!

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
Thats right, I was referring to the lock up issue some people have had when assembling the pistol and putting the guide rod back in incorrectly.

Springfield Armory

Thanks for the replies!
Yup, they got it wrong, the 45C has the same type of captured recoil spring as all the Service and Sub-Compact XDs. Only the 5 inchers ( Tactical and Compact Tactical ) have a one piece full length guide rod. BUT Don makes full length one piece rods for the Service 9mm ( I had one ) and probobly other XDs too.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts

Springfield Armory

Thanks for the replies!
I see your point but that is the first 4" I have seen with a full length one piece guide rod. The issue of no one piece rod being available for the 4" 45ACP has been going on since it was released.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts