Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I am new to springfield just got a xd 9mm service model and wonder I ordered a comp tac minotaur inside waste holster. Now is my gun gonna be to big for conceal carry. I tried some sub compact guns but feel didn't feel right like the xdd9101hx model I got. My next purchase is extra magazines where is best place to get best deal on them. Also when can afford any other suggestions for a upgrade guy who sold me new for $379.99 says replace trigger down the road.

·
Premium Member
26,132 Posts
As a all around ,the service is fantastic. They shoot very well.you will enjoy it

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Hi,

🙋🙋

Welcome to the forum. I EDC my XD9 all the time, AIWB with at least one extra mag. With the right rig it will conceal very well. I love this pistol and the more I practice with it, the more this old noob loves it. 😉

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello I am new to springfield just got a xd 9mm service model and wonder I ordered a comp tac minotaur inside waste holster. Now is my gun gonna be to big for conceal carry. I tried some sub compact guns but feel didn't feel right like the xdd9101hx model I got. My next purchase is extra magazines where is best place to get best deal on them. Also when can afford any other suggestions for a upgrade guy who sold me new for $379.99 says replace trigger down the road.
Too bad they don't make the XD Mod. 2 9mm anymore because trust me when I say the grip and feel in your hand is 100x better. I've owned the XD 9 subcompact and the XD Mod 2 9mm subcompact. The mod 2 is my current carry gun. Idk why they stopped the mod 2 line but in most peoples opinions that I've spoken with they think they should have kept the mod 2 and discontinued the normal XD line. You will find out XD mags are hard to come by at least in my neck of the woods. I want to say MidwayUSA had the XD 9mm Promag magazines with 21 round capacity. Great for the range and less than $20. I only use Springfield mags for carry and when it matters and they can be hard to find and expensive. Like $40 expensive so shop around.

·
Premium Member
1,154 Posts
Since you just bought it new, register online for the warranty and they will offer you a one time discount at the Store. You can then buy the expensive magazines at a more reasonable price. I like at least five magazines for the range, so much easier then reloading magazines all the time.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Whenever I'm not at work I carry the Mod 2 9mm 4" in a Clinger IWB holster. I carry something smaller at work wink wink. I'm 5'8" and 200 lbs (need to drop 25!) and have no problem carrying it. I had the 3" model and changed to the 4" for increased accuracy. Also, my VersaCarry belt is MUCH stiffer than my Big Foot belt that has the steel insert.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I carry my XDM 3.8 in the waist. It’s not hard to hide the full size grip under a loose shirt. It gets a little heavy at times with 20 rounds. If I’m going to be very active I just carry something els.
Air gun Trigger Grey Gun barrel Gun accessory

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
I've had my XD9 Service since 2007. Not one failure. The only issue I've ever had with it was the roll pin that holds the loaded chamber indicator tends to get weak after a decade or so. Just replaced it and it's still chugging along. It's a serious workhorse.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts