Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today, I picked up a used Taurus I bought from Reese here on the XD Forum. I was hoping it would make a good pocket carry gun for me. Off to the range to pick it up and of course I took some ammo with me.

The gun is very impressive. I have not been a big Taurus fan but this is one nice gun. It has adjustable sights on it which I did need to set. It was firing a little low and to the left for me. After fine tuning it the target was mine. The recoil is much lighter than I expected from a lightweight gun. I ran Federal, American Eagle, S&B and Federal Hydra shoks through it.

The only problem I had was at about round 120 or so I started to get some FTE and FTF issues. This was on the S&B ammo which has a harder primer than most other ammo. The gun was a little dirty when I got it and after 120 rounds of this cheaper ammo it was very dirty.

All together I really enjoyed firing the gun and am happy with my purchase. I bought a $12.88 blackhawk pocket holster for it and it hides quite nicely in my cargo shorts.

·
Registered
4,290 Posts
I just picked one up here to from another member a few days ago, glad to hear your range report was positive. Let's hope the failures at 120 were due to needing to be cleaned. I have read great reviews, and terrible reviews, seems like Taurus has some serious quality issues with many of their guns. I took a chance like you and bought one anyway. Keep us updated on your review.

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
You beat me to that 709 I was one day late to PM Reese. :(
It's a nice gun enjoy.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As long as I don't have to send it to Taurus and wait weeks for it to return, I will be happy. I just won't fire the S&B through it. I've got plenty of WWB and Federal for it.:D

·
Registered
371 Posts
I'd bet that a good cleaning puts you back in the game. I had a Taurus 745 that would only malf if I ran more than 200rds through it without cleaning. She just liked to be clean. My wife also owns a 709 slim, that she likes. Pics or it didn't happen.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
congrads i have one and love that little gun...

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
I had some minor FTF probs with mine, I de-burr'd the inside of the offending magazine and had no further problems.
Congrats on a nice little gun.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts