Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stopped by several LGS today searching for a S&W 629 pre lock. Luckily, I found this S&W 29-3 in nickel at the last one. It was on consignment and asked if there was any room for negotiating and he said yes. Made an offer and he texted the owner and he accepted. It appears to have been a shooter that needs a good cleaning and polishing, but should clean up well. The trigger is very very smooth, crisp and clean. Thinking the previous owner had some trigger work done to it. It has one of the best triggers I have ever engaged. Unfortunately, living in Md. I have to wait 7 days before I can bring it home.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have a nickel 29-3 ( wishing that I got a 29-2). Simichrome & Wenol ( blue tube) light was a polish & shine day for me.
Congrats on a good find .

Reactions: Hollow Point

·
Registered
11,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a nickel 29-3 ( wishing that I got a 29-2). Simichrome & Wenol ( blue tube) light was a polish & shine day for me.
Congrats on a good find .
I was actually looking for a 629 up to a dash 4. So, finding a 29 - 3 nickel was a bonus find for me. All I know is I was a pre lock and no mim parts. Just a personal preference. Even though I am not aware of any kind of major issues with either. This will look nice next to my 19 - 5 nickel. I agree, that Simichrome is a great polish for nickel. I use it on my SS revolvers and pistols also. It works well on the chrome on my Harley too. Thank you.

·
Registered
29,621 Posts
That’s a nice one; should be an excellent shooter.

I just moved my 3” 629-5...just don’t shoot it anymore, far prefer my .41’s...

·
Registered
11,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks like a good buy.
Should be a fun one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The original price was already very reasonable. But, I figured I would try for a better price and it worked out for me. I am sure the owner made some money, so we both won. IMO
I agree, it should be fun to shoot.

·
Registered
7,897 Posts
The original price was already very reasonable. But, I figured I would try for a better price and it worked out for me. I am sure the owner made some money, so we both won. IMO
I agree, it should be fun to shoot.

I know this one is.
357mag born in 1978 iirc.
My favorite revolver to shoot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That’s a nice one; should be an excellent shooter.

I just moved my 3” 629-5...just don’t shoot it anymore, far prefer my .41’s...

It appears to have been a shooter and that's what it will be for me.

I looked at a S&W 57 yesterday. Unfortunately, it appeared to be have been heavily shot and showed signs of rust/pitting. So, I passed. However, I have been thinking about a S&W 657 after seeing one on Armslist. Also, thinking about a 25 or 625.

·
Registered
29,621 Posts
It appears to have been a shooter and that's what it will be for me.

I looked at a S&W 57 yesterday. Unfortunately, it appeared to be have been heavily shot and showed signs of rust/pitting. So, I passed. However, I have been thinking about a S&W 657 after seeing one on Armslist. Also, thinking about a 25 or 625.
I’ve got two 657’s; a 7.5” Hunter, and a 3” Performance Center. Love 'em both.

·
Registered
11,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I’ve got two 657’s; a 7.5” Hunter, and a 3” Performance Center. Love 'em both.

Here lately, I have had more interest in revolvers than pistols. Especially, the older S&Ws. I definitely foresee a 657 and a 625 PC in my future. Always preferred my revolvers to be SS. I am now starting to like nickel plated revolvers as this will be my second one.

·
Registered
23 Posts
What a wonderful find, sir. I believe the allure and impact (no pun) of a revolver is most greatly appreciated when wrapped in nickel. Also, I think that if one ever had to use a revolver in a personal defensive situation, the view from the business end of a revolver, fully loaded with flying ash trays, is very humbling.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts