Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
Classic Sigs are just that...classics. Congrats.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Got a nice 229 “Classic” (no rail) in a trade recently. Forgot how much I like these...I’ve got a Swiss Polizei 228, but I rarely take it out anymore...

Thinking about seeing if Sig puts their RX slides on sale for Black Friday...
View attachment 717851
I have two beat-up surplus P228’s; they still shoot great. Nice little pistols.

·
Registered
19,921 Posts
Eh, probably a good trade depending on what it is.

I keep meaning to build a few more AR's but I've been blowing money on AK stuff.

Which reminds me I need to get an updated family portrait since I got a Draco a few weeks ago.

The P228 is one of those I'd consider though. Thought about getting one of the cheap trade in .40's and a 357 barrel.

·
Registered
29,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Eh, probably a good trade depending on what it is.

I keep meaning to build a few more AR's but I've been blowing money on AK stuff.

Which reminds me I need to get an updated family portrait since I got a Draco a few weeks ago.

The P228 is one of those I'd consider though. Thought about getting one of the cheap trade in .40's and a 357 barrel.
Technically, it was a Rock River M4gery...

I picked up the RRA upper used last year, then got a bare RRA lower for fairly cheap...had a RRA LPK in the big box o'parts, added on a MOE stock. Ran well, respectable accuracy...figured it was a nice trunk rifle, or backup/loaner if nothing else.

P228’s are 9mm only, iirc...the P229 was brought out when they started making a .40. Pretty sure that all 228’s were the older folded slides, where the P229 has always been the solid/forged slide.

·
Registered
19,921 Posts
Technically, it was a Rock River M4gery...

I picked up the RRA upper used last year, then got a bare RRA lower for fairly cheap...had a RRA LPK in the big box o'parts, added on a MOE stock. Ran well, respectable accuracy...figured it was a nice trunk rifle, or backup/loaner if nothing else.

P228’s are 9mm only, iirc...the P229 was brought out when they started making a .40. Pretty sure that all 228’s were the older folded slides, where the P229 has always been the solid/forged slide.
The 228 is, I meant 229. The 229 is slightly bigger to handle .40 S&W

·
Registered
29,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I mean, you can't really go wrong with buying one. I'm still not a big fan of the P Series. But the 9mm's don't lose much value.

I'm starting to think need to feel up a Hellcat though.
I didn’t hate the one I finger-banged last week.

Felt better than the 365XL in my hand...but the 365 has a MUCH better trigger.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Got a nice 229 “Classic” (no rail) in a trade recently. Forgot how much I like these...I’ve got a Swiss Polizei 228, but I rarely take it out anymore...

Thinking about seeing if Sig puts their RX slides on sale for Black Friday...
View attachment 717851
229s are my fav I've got 3..2 German frame no rail..they all work flawlessly..
20191105_104556 small.jpg
congrats!

·
Registered
29,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Registered
18,573 Posts
1 - 20 of 27 Posts