Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came across a lightly used colt 1911 that had box and paperwork with it. I'm finding that there is many variants of 1911 pistols. What parts can I use in this pistol? Do they need to be series 80 parts of any 1911 parts? I can't wait to get out and try it. :) Also I have read that some didn't like the poly trigger and changed it out. What trigger can I put in if I decide to change it?
Thanks for the help.

Kevin

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
Yes, a Colt M1991a1 is a Series 80 Colt and has the Series 80 firing pin block.

This is NOT the end of the world and you CAN get a decent trigger pull form a Series 80 Colt....don't let them tell you that its not possible.

I had an M1991A1 and stupidly sold it. Very good pistol...even with it's plastic mainspring housing, which never really gave me trouble.

- brickboy240

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have come across one of these and the guy asked me if it would be profitable to redo the finish and fix it up to factory. This one is a compact model? I have heard of them before but that's about it. Right now it looks like it had a fight with a wire brush or some sandpaper to clean off rust. worth 300 bucks? any info is more than what i have.

·
Registered
17,815 Posts
I paid $400 for mine while I was in the Marines...I can put two rounds within 2 inches center mass while moving (at least I did last time I did IDPA)

Has NEVER failed to go bang...EVER!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts