Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of I think all CZ weapons especially their handguns are very underrated, and that they get over looked alot in the gun cases. I think for the price you really can't go wrong with any of their products. I just got this pistol from another forum and man am I happy! Goes great along side my P-07 Duty, which I bought days before this offer came up, the P-07 will be put away for the wife and used as a back up to this.
This thing is awesome, great DA trigger and an awesome SA! Shoots very well, like a laser! Comfortable to carry and got alot of accessories with it for a good bit less then new. When I picked it up from the guy I asked him how much he thought it had been fired he told me 200 from him and that the guy he bought it off of said he had never fired it, no wear anywhere and looks brand new, I've had it 2 weeks and put 500 rounds through it already! This is the model that is exactly the same a a P-01 but has the actual European designation on the slide. They were imported before the '08 election when CZ couldn't make enough P-01's, sorta like all the Glock 19's that are here in the states with Austrian proofs to make up for the spike in sales, mine has an '07 manufacture date. I think its kinda neat to have the actual original model. Anyway if you didn't know this model is NATO certified, which means that it passed alot of abuse and such to get the designation, it has a NATO serial number. Anywho, enjoy the pics. Future plans are night sights and some nice wood grips.

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
I've got it in 40 with the safety and steel frame, the rubber grips are awesome aren't they :cool:

·
Registered
829 Posts
I too have a p01 and if I could only keep one of my pistols it would be the one. It fits the role of just about everything. I picked mine up for $450 from buds. I like the rubber grips but I will be buying some thin aluminum like my shadow.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Congrats on the purchase. I recently wrestled long and hard between a new P01 and a PCR. I ended up with a used 75B Duotone that I absolutely love. I guess my P01/PCR debate will be renewed next year.

CZ makes some nice cocobolo grips. Check on the CZ forum. There are a couple of places listed there where you can get some in exotic wood.

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
I gotta get this in, who has the koolest name for a pistol?
Well it's CZ, their factory race gun is called "The Czechmate"! :cool:

CZ-USA -> CZ 75 TS Czechmate

·
Registered
660 Posts
Congrats, I have a older P-01 I bought used last year. She is one fine shooter. All I have done to mine was install a set of Meprolite night sights and bought 4 more mags ( I now have a total of 6 mags ) and a Comp-tac IWB holster for her. This is one of my finest handguns. I have a Sig P226 but it cant out perform the CZ. (Sig is a excellent weapon, I am sure it is just me!!) So I will be putting the Sig on the market in a day or 2, I dont need 3 9mm. JR

·
Registered
324 Posts
I've owned two CZ-75 pistols - one was a Baby Eagle, the other a CZ-75 proper. For some reason I never developed a passion for the gun, although every time I see one I want one.

Weird.

I guess I just have never really liked SA/DA guns. I think these can be had with DAO, right? Any quality on the trigger or is it just the standard heavy DAO pull?

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
My first CZ was the stainless 75B back when all I knew was what I read in reviews. My first opinion was "Wow". I now have the stainless, PCR, P-01, 75B Compact (all steel), 75BD and the Cold War Commemorative. I've bought Beretta 92FS (full size and compact), FNH FNP-9, Sig SP2022, XD9SC, and a Jericho 941 and the CZs are still on top.

IMHO, they really are the best. I recently added a 452FS and am equally impressed.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Gotta love CZ's. I have a 9mm Compact and a .40 B. and btw, no XD's anymore because of CZ's, which are so much nicer.

·
Banned
2,879 Posts
CZs are underated and the P-01 even moreso. Having tested mine against my shooting partner's SIG/Sauer P-228. The P-01 held its own and was slightly more accurate. I also perefer the CZ decocking system where the hammer only drops to half-cock making for a shorter first-shot DA pull. It's as good as any 9mm compact out there, IMO. ;)

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
Ok now call Cajun Gun Works and turn it into a world class pistol. I carry mine on a regular basis. Ditched the rubber grips for a set of VZ's, Factory trigger replaced with one off of a CZ 85 Combat, big fingers dont go with the factory trigger well. Meprolite sights, Match hammer, lengthened firing pin and lighter springs, DA pull is now 6.5lbs SA is a sweet 3 lbs. I carry it in a Desantis cozy partner for a SIG 229 and it fits like a glove or an Alien Gear holster that sucks in my opinion. Get all of the Mags you can while they are cheap. I buy Meg Gars better quality than the factory mags at a much better cost. I recently had a chance to handle and shoot one of the new SIG 210 the owner kept going on and on about the trigger on his SIG, I handed him my P01 and a full mag and he quit bragging after the first shot.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts