Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there. I just joined, want to say hi. I have a sub-compact 3.3" .45 XDM Mod 2 WITH GRIP ZONE! that I totally loved. I bought a 3" 9mm Mod 2, nearly identical to save money on training. And I loved both.

But then, I saw a used 5.25" 9mm XDM in the store case, used. And I bought it. I can't quite figure out which model it is. It is SORT of like the ELITE series, but the serial #s say MG, for "Match Grade". Some aspects match the ELITE version. But whatever... I traded my snubby 9mm for this one and got a little hosed on the deal but I didn't care much.

So I shot the lighter trigger on the new 9mm.... and fell in love. It's light but absolutely controllable under stress. I ADORE this trigger. And now I don't like the trigger on my .45 any more.

Anyway know how I can 1: ID my long-slide 9mm and 2: get THAT EXACT trigger into my EDC .45? Cuz it's FREAKIN' AWESOME!

And 3: anyone have tips on inserting a new fiber into my front sight? Cuz it done broke. I shot a day of skills shooting / competition without a fiber in there and shot well but I really want to put the new one in.

·
Registered
Got ammo?
217 Posts
Hi,

That's it. I just wanted to toss a shy wave your way. 🙋‍♂️

I'm an old noob here to learn from the collective consciousness while doing all the research I can. Installing a new fiber in the front sight doesn't seem like a huge undertaking. For example:

I'm hoping to expand my XD collection too. I'd love to add an XD45 Tactical but I'm going to wait until after Mrs. BassCliff has picked out her new pistol. ;)

Anyway, howdy and welcome. :)

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Reactions: Trapperjohn1975

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, the XD45 Tactical looks like fun. But I don't want to buy that til I'm ready to make the plunge and get a can, too.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Welcome from Northern Illinois.

·
Premium Member
127,275 Posts
Welcome from Ohio.

·
Registered
28 Posts
While I love my Beretta 92. I have purchased three SA in the past month. XD sc9. The XD-E 9 and the Hellcat. The xd is a spare I keep in my bag. I am not really fond of the XD-E. And I haven’t gotten the opportunity yet to test the Hellcat

·
Registered
101 Posts
I've got the XDE .45 which I picked up 6 months ago and really enjoy shooting it. I've added a set of Hogue grips and Trijicon HD night sights. And to add some funny side note on the case is a sticker saying that its not legal in Californication

Reactions: BassCliff

·
15,912 Posts
Welcome, glad you are here.

Reactions: BassCliff
1 - 12 of 12 Posts