Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to say hello to everyone in the forum. Everyone seems very friendly and helpful so I've got a question for anyone who is willing to help. Me and the wife are expecting twins and decided this would be a good time to get a gun for home defense and CCW. After reading all the great reviews in this forum, I've finally decided the XD40SW compact with the XML Light is going to be my first handgun (was leaning toward the glock at first) :cry: . My only problem is that where I'm located (Georgia), you can't get the combo for less than $570. I see the combo on Impactguns.com for around $498 but they are out of stock. Do any of you guys know where I can get a NIB XD40SW compact with the XML Light for a decent price?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Hi and welcome. Congratulations to you and your wife. You'll be very busy with twins. Come to think of it... you may want to hide your new gun from your wife for a while. :wink:

Here's a link to Gilbert's Guns. The have the package with the light... it used to be $499. They've increased the price recently - very nice of them. You may be better off, as XDBug said, by buying seperately.
https://www.gilbertsguns.com/store/products/category8/index.html

You can also check on GunBroker, or there's a good guy here on our forum - he owns Eagle Tactical. He goes by HFlier here in the XD Forum. You may want to see what kind of price he can get you, but he may have to order the items and take a few days. He's a good guy to deal with though. Here's his email and web page.
[email protected]

http://www.eagletactical.com/

·
Banned
5,098 Posts
Where in GA? Are you near the atlanta area? If so, I might be able to help.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Lonnie. Gilbertguns.com only has the XD9 but I will try the other 2 you listed. Thanks Again

·
Registered
144 Posts
riderboy said:
Thanks Lonnie. Gilbertguns.com only has the XD9 but I will try the other 2 you listed. Thanks Again
It didn't even register with me to check the caliber. Sorry about that Riderboy.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks jdavionic. I sent those guys a email on Saturday and they emailed me back with a contact number. They seem like the best deal in town. I will probably give them a call or go by there tomorrow and if they are as good as you say, I will have a XD40 tomorrow :lol:. Thanks again for the help...

·
Banned
5,098 Posts
riderboy said:
Thanks jdavionic. I sent those guys a email on Saturday and they emailed me back with a contact number. They seem like the best deal in town. I will probably give them a call or go by there tomorrow and if they are as good as you say, I will have a XD40 tomorrow :lol:. Thanks again for the help...
No problem. Let me know how it works out for you. If you go there, you have to buzz to get in.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well guys, it looks like I'm going to have to hold off on my XD40 compact purchase until early next year. We are moving into our first house at the end of the month and between closing cost, maternity leave, christmas presents for the family, and buying a gun, we may be over extending ourselves. So the gun is off the radar for now. Not to worry though, I'll definately be getting my XD40 before February. :lol:

·
Banned
3,861 Posts
riderboy said:
Well guys, it looks like I'm going to have to hold off on my XD40 compact purchase until early next year. We are moving into our first house at the end of the month and between closing cost, maternity leave, christmas presents for the family, and buying a gun, we may be over extending ourselves. So the gun is off the radar for now. Not to worry though, I'll definately be getting my XD40 before February. :lol:
Smart man,

Although a gun for self defense is a necessity, you are making the right choice to not over-extend right now. So many young folks just starting out get into financial trouble, it seems.

Maybe you could do a lay-a-way on the gun and pay a little at a time???

Welcome to the board and congratulations on the twins and the new house.

Keep thinking like you are and you'll do fine.

bd

·
Premium Member
5,751 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I'll do a +1 to bd's comments. :)

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Since noone mentioned it, I'll go ahead and suggest Gunbroker or AuctionArms...

www.gunbroker.com
www.auctionarms.com

That's where I got my XD40SC. Beware though, most things there are overpriced, and you'll probably need to do a transfer when you get it. AuctionArms is where I got my XD -- they're generally cheaper, but have a much more limited supply of guns.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Try budsgunshop.com. They have just lowered some of their prices. I think I saw a sub with light for 448.00 earlier today. They had some XD's at a gun show a couple of weeks ago for 349.00. I had to ask the guy if they were used and he said no he just had a lot in inventory and needed to move a few. If I hadn't just bought 2 in the last few weeks I would have gotten one.
Mike

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for your help mikeb. That's a really good price, but I have to stick with the game plan. Can't buy until after the New Year. Hopefully they will have the sub with the XML light in a XD40 when I buy in late January. Thanks for all of you guys help, please continue to send the posts.

·
Registered
190 Posts
This is totally off topic; but as another father of twins I hope it's OK. When our twins were born we heard about some cool stuff from different baby products manufacturers. We wrote emails and letters to most of the diaper and bottle and clothes manufacturers we could find asking for samples and/or cupons for their products. We were amazed at the number of free things that arrived at our home, along with cupons out the wazoo. Most of the cupons kept coming as well. Pampers probably sent us 2-3 cupons a month for a year or 18 months. Also when shopping, ask if the store has a discount for parents of multiples. Oshkosh and JC Penney used to have great discounts if buying for multiples. It really saved us a lot of money to ask and keep asking. Also get hooked up with a Mothers of Multiples or Twins club in your area. Most have baby-sitting hookups, cheap used strollers, clothing exchanges, etc.
Hope these little hints help. I know they did for us.
Also, congrats! Twins are a TON of fun. Lots of work too, but mostly fun.
Later
Troy
:oops: talking like this on a GUN forum :oops:
I sound like a little bitch :shock:

Thats OK, if they are boys..teach them to shoot, if they are girls, teach 'em to shoot and practice lots yourself :twisted:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts