Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a Springfield XD9 and found this forum today. I haven't even shot it yet. Hope to do that in the morning. I hope it shoots as good as it fit's. Has anybody installed Henie straight eight sights and if so what do you think of them? How about a good carry load? I've been shooting .45s for a long time and havn't keep up on the lattest developments in 9mm technology. Well that's probably enough for now I'm sure I'll have lot's of other stupid questions in the near furture. Thanks for having me. Jim

·
Registered
268 Posts
Welcome to the XD club!! you will love your new pistol. any thing you wan to know about it you will find here. there are a ton of good guys here always willing to help. any questions just ask

·
Registered
40 Posts
You may want to take a look at the Corbon PowRball. Polymer ball packed into the hollowpoint ensures smooth feeding and its a dynamic expander. At 1500 fps its quite hot too!
Next on the list is the very popular Win Ranger 127+p+ followed closely by the 124gr +p GoldDot. The all copper Corbon DPX looks very good too in a deeper penetrating bullet.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Welcome aboard JEH!

I use Federal 147gr JHP for my carry round. This has been a very good round for me. I use WWB 115gr JHP, WWB 124gr FMJ, or UMC 115gr MC for most of my plinking... In a pinch.. any of those would do. Somebody around here posted a really great article on the subject..

The box of death has some good info for you if you want to read it.

Raymond

·
Registered
71 Posts
JEH said:
Well that's probably enough for now I'm sure I'll have lot's of other stupid questions in the near furture. Thanks for having me. Jim
Hey man...no such thing as stupid questions! This forum is here for you!

Congrats on your new gun...just got mine 3 weeks ago.

Peace

·
Premium Member
24,884 Posts
Hi Jim and welcome to the board. I haven't tried the Henie "Slant Pro" straight eight's on a XD, but have shot them on a Glock 19. The have a great sight picture, and the vertical night sight feature is a plus, IMO.

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
I have the Heinie Slant 8 night sights on my XD SC9. Surprisingly, even tho I have had the gun a year, I have yet to shoot in a low/no light situation to see how they work. I bought them thru LAPD and that's the only way they come. I have looked at them at home in the dark and they show up great.

The difficulty I have in sunlight (just came from the outdoor range 2hrs ago) is the front sight is difficult to see. (That could have something to do with my age also, tho I wear glasses). I'm thinking maybe I could put some color on the front sight without damaging the Heinie sight for day use.

Good luck and welcome to the board.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hello and welcome.

Hope you like your XD as much as most of us like ours.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Welcome.And congrats on your new XD.9MM I hope you will be impressed with the out come and feel of your new weapon at the range tomarrow. Let us know how it went.
There are alot of great and knowledgeable people here. So ask away.Once again welcome to the forum..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts