Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a big guy, 6 ft 290lbs. and I am looking for a OWB holster that will be comfortable and will keep my gun conceled as much as possible. I had a Glock 29, but I sold it and I am going to get a XD-45c the first of 2009. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hi, greetings, and welcome...

I am 6' 2" 250lb, and for OWB use a Blackhawk Serpa Sportster Paddle under 3 different bomber length (letterman-type) jackets and a Hoodie, with good concealability. It's a Level II retention, when drawing, index finger hits release, and as you draw naturally falls along the bottom of the slide above the trigger guard. For IWB I recently picked up a Crossbreed supertuck and love it. These are set up for my XD-45 Service (4")

·
Registered
181 Posts
I am a big guy, 6 ft 290lbs. and I am looking for a OWB holster that will be comfortable and will keep my gun conceled as much as possible. I had a Glock 29, but I sold it and I am going to get a XD-45c the first of 2009. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions?
:) I'm not as big as you but I'm workin' on it. :(

I carry my XD 45 Service AND/OR my XD 9 SC in a Don Humes J.I.T. slide holster quite comfortably and concealed under an untucked large Tee or overshirt. :D I'm waiting on a Don Humes First Agent that I expect to work equally well.

That's my 2¢ worth on the subject. Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts