Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, folks --

New to board from Washington State. New owner of XD9. Love the site. Love the gun.

I have a question for anyone in Wa State. It looks WA Arms Collectors run the biggest gun shows in the state (?) In order to buy anything at their shows, you need to have a membership. That's all fine and dandy, but they ask a lot of questions on their membership forms, and retain the right to do whatever they want with the info.

http://www.washingtonarmscollectors.org/printjoinform.htm

Perhaps my paranoia gene is just on overload these days, but can somebody provide some insight on this organization? I recognize that they want to screen their members, and they need money for their lobbying efforts, but I'd like to better understand how they use this data . . . Are they running NICS checks in advance or something? I have nothing to hide, and already have CPL, but I am curious for third party validation about this org. Anyone familiar with them? Are their gun shows well run?

Thanks in advance.

(Oh, and don't forget to watch the Army-Navy game on December 6th.)

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Welcome from the east side (Issaquah)!

Personally I like the one in Puyallup better than the one in Monroe. I've never joined, never bought anything other than brass or stuff like that at one of the shows. Most vendors these days are business that will give you the same deal if you go to their shop.

I believe they do the NCIS check in advance, but I'm not sure.

So much for the "gun show loophole" in WA, huh?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, Sirius

Do other shows in this state ask for this level of detail in order to buy/sell, or just these folks? Sure does "close the loophole" if that's the case . . .

·
Premium Member
2,297 Posts
Welcome from Minnesota!

·
Premium Member
127,789 Posts
Welcome from Ohio.

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
Welcome to the forum.Lewis Clark Traders have a big show here 6 or 7 times a year , $7 admission fee ,good people and lots of stuff.There is a show on the 13 & 14 of this month in Spokane at the fairgrounds.

·
Premium Member
1,560 Posts
Welcome from Nashville

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Welcome from Minnesota!

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Welcome to the forum from CT.