Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
4,094 Posts
Cringed as opened this hoping it didn't have the godforsaken (IMO) rear adjustable sites. Nice!! EMP? Well, do you want flashy or natural?

·
Registered
4,094 Posts
My knows told me that smelled funny when I rode it. Thanks don! ;)

·
Premium Member
127,988 Posts
Very nice!

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
Yeah but at least now SA has a single stack compact 45 that works, probobly.

·
Premium Member
12,161 Posts
Eh.

If they made it an actual 4.25", yeah.

4"...not so much. Can't put a GI type 2-piece guide rod in it.
Yeah, that is the one shortfall I can see of this pistol. I was thinking that myself, actually. But, it's a step in the right direction!

·
Premium Member
3,565 Posts
I'm OK with the 4" barrel as I've got Champions, Kimbers, etc that all run fine with a 4" but I've never been enamored with the RO in general. If it's a range gun then I would expect a magwell, checkering, and a FO front sight, and maybe just a tad lighter. At 40oz without a magazine, the 5" is almost too heavy for IDPA.

Now we have a 4" Compact in the "Range Officer" family that gives you none of the other things I'd prefer in a range gun and now a shorter sight radius. I know it's not a comp gun but the CCO has generally been considered a carry option so I would think the new Compact would fall under the Loaded models rather than an RO. I also find it very odd that SA would discontinue the Champion and then release a Compact.

Just me I guess but I'm not understanding the strategy.

·
Banned
20,993 Posts
Cool...love my emp....but Daddy digs this.....lol

1 - 20 of 41 Posts