Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after a week, I finally showed my wife my 1911. Man was she mad! She even put her hand on her forehead and took a deep breath and then exhaled in disgust. I was all like this ~~~~~> :D the whole time.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
I am so glad I don't have to hide my toys. My wife even encourages me to enjoy myself. :confused:

I'm either very lucky or she's been up to something for the past few years... :shock:

·
Registered
163 Posts
lol... I hear ya Brother! Every time I start talking about a new firearm. The wife gives me the....

Then I'm like.....

The She's like....

Which is her way of saying "Whatever, but your are sleeping on the couch!"

Then I'm like....

·
Premium Member
3,565 Posts
My wife would have been pissed but only because I hadn't bought one for her. I get reminded every week that she is tired of sharing my AR.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I hear you guys! I figured I would let her know before she went trolling through the bank statement. I played it smart and took the money out at the bank for the reason it wouldent be a debit card transaction showing where and when and for how much.

Its pretty bad when your in your 30s and have to sneak around a buy stuff you need! :shock:
My other reason as I told her was the fact its the 100 year Anniversary, and I also used the excuse that my Grandfather was packing one during WWII along with my father in Vietnam, so why cant I also have one if they did!

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lol... I hear ya Brother! Every time I start talking about a new firearm. The wife gives me the....

Then I'm like.....

The She's like....

Then I'm like....

This is the best post I have seen in a long time. Thats pretty much how it went down in the kitchen. I then took it and fieldstriped it in order to fondle it. Then she was sitting there when I put back together. I asked her if I looked like Dirty Harry but with a .45. She just called me stupid and rolled her eyes!!! ;)

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Get something bigger now to make her forget about this one.

·
Premium Member
24,885 Posts
Good luck with your relationship! ;)

·
Registered
620 Posts
I don't mean to rant... but I'll say my piece and shut up.

The best thing you can do in your marriage is to be completely and totally honest, respect each other, and don't be selfish. I honestly get the better end of things many times in regards to spending money on stuff I want. I have an awesome wife... and above all else, I want to protect our marriage. It wont matter what cool new gun I have if my wife ends up hating me because she can't trust me.

What we started doing about a year ago was making a clear cut budget where each of us gets personal money at the beginning of each month. She can buy clothes, scrapbook stuff, whatever else she wants with her personal money, and I can buy gun stuff knowing that its coming out of my personal hobby fund and she won't get mad because everything is fair then. That works for us... I'm not telling you how to do your finances, but my only advice is to keep everything on the up and up with your wife.

Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I don't mean to rant... but I'll say my piece and shut up.

The best thing you can do in your marriage is to be completely and totally honest, respect each other, and don't be selfish. I honestly get the better end of things many times in regards to spending money on stuff I want. I have an awesome wife... and above all else, I want to protect our marriage. It wont matter what cool new gun I have if my wife ends up hating me because she can't trust me.

What we started doing about a year ago was making a clear cut budget where each of us gets personal money at the beginning of each month. She can buy clothes, scrapbook stuff, whatever else she wants with her personal money, and I can buy gun stuff knowing that its coming out of my personal hobby fund and she won't get mad because everything is fair then. That works for us... I'm not telling you how to do your finances, but my only advice is to keep everything on the up and up with your wife.

Just my 2 cents.
Thanks okay with me man. Your 2 cents is welcome. My wife just sees a firearm as a thing now. When we first met back in 1998, she was doing an internship for a Police Department in Alabama. She majored in Criminal Justice. All I would hear then from her was and I quote ~> I got to shoot a Tommy Gun today it was cool. Then it was, I got to shoot an M-16 and so on. The Department would take her to the range to shoot every type of firearm they had. Now that we have a child who is going on 7, she now has a different view on firearms due to being a mother and from all the cases she deals with work wise dealing with firearms that were used in crimes.

My hobbies before becomming a firearm nut was, building computers then Gas powered R/C cars and helicopters. By far the firearm hobby is the cheapest. But I posted before, I got her a new Xterra and paid my half for a tiled kitchen and living room. This has been in the last 3 months. So I will clear it up just to do so. She dislikes what my hobby is. As far as income goes its an equal thing but tilted in her direction. I am ok with that be cause she is my wife and our child has everything she needs. So sorry if I came off the wrong way toward you. But it all good. :cool:

·
Registered
342 Posts

Then I'm like.....

The She's like....

Then I'm like....

Awesome post! Very Funny.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I feel your pain brother! Last month I bought an XDm .45 with my uniform allowance. The wife wasn't too happy but it was my uniform allowance from my PD, so really she couldn't say too much. We also have a weapons purchase plan from the city where the city pays for a new weapon or other duty related equipment and you pay it back at 0% interest from payroll deduction. So I ordered a Springfield loaded 1911 with Trijicon night sights in the stainless finish! I will eventually tell the wife, but easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission--plus the $42 a paycheck will never be noticed lol.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I feel your pain brother! Last month I bought an XDm .45 with my uniform allowance. The wife wasn't too happy but it was my uniform allowance from my PD, so really she couldn't say too much. We also have a weapons purchase plan from the city where the city pays for a new weapon or other duty related equipment and you pay it back at 0% interest from payroll deduction. So I ordered a Springfield loaded 1911 with Trijicon night sights in the stainless finish! I will eventually tell the wife, but easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission--plus the $42 a paycheck will never be noticed lol.
You lucky *******! LOL :rolleyes:

·
Registered
937 Posts
I just tell her I'm gonna spend some dough on a piece then she bitches I say well sorry deal w/ it....

But it was understood before we married that I do what I want (within reason) and she will have to deal with it...

I love my wife but, I won't live my life having to ask permission to spend MY hard earned money....

W/ that said I am not irresponsible with our money and I'd never forgo something more important like a mortgage car or insurance payment to buy a toy.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts