Springfield XD Forum banner

New sights

858 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  InspectorNugger 
#1 ·
Hey guys Im looking to buy new sights in the near future. Now I have searched a bit and didnt really find the answers I was looking for. First question is- how much will I probably be charged to have a gun shop change my sights? I could probably do it myself but I dont want to damage my pistola! What are the chances of me damging my pistola doing it myself? I am a pretty smart and mechanical guy but Ive never changed pistol sights. What would I need to do to attemp changing them myself? Also- what are some low priced sights in the 50 dollar range? I really like the looks of the Williams firesights. Any other suggestions? Thanks in advance for any help!

#4 ·
My gunsmith charged me $10 to install my $38 Firesights. Love the Firesights, but if I had it to do over again, I'd save my money and get TFOs.

#5 ·
nickc50310 - check out this website:

http://www.xd-hs2000.com/sights.html

Its run by another forum member here (ajames). He has great prices on replacement sights, plus he will install them for free if you send your slide only to him. I did it and he was fantastic to work with and FAST! Plus, by just sending your slide only, you don't have to deal with the FFL transfer stuff or special shipping requirements. Give him a call and he'll hook you up!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.