Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I've decided to get a set of Trijicons for my XD40SC. I've already been through the TFO vs Triji debate and I'm going with the Triji SP01s on this one (TFOs on the XDm though).

The first question is - how do these sights affect Point of Impact on the 3"? The SC is pretty much shooting POA (not 6 o'clock) with the factory sights. I can adjust to either, I'm just curious what other's experience is.

Second question - what colors work best? I imagine that the Green front and Orange or Yellow rear would be nice for quick acquisition but are they dimmer than green? What are the pluses and minuses to going with different colors?

·
Registered
158 Posts
The orange are not supposed to last as long,when I get night sights they will be all green or green and yellow.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think that I remember reading somewhere that the Orange were not as bright either. I wonder why they wouldn't last as long. I figure that the Tritium vials (light source) are the same regardless of the color. I was thinking that they just use different color lenses. Is this not correct?

Yellow/Green or Green/Green sounds like the way to go in any case. Any other opinions?

What about POI on the 3" XD40sc?

·
Registered
485 Posts
I would go green front/yellow rear. The human eye picks up green better than any other color, and the color difference would make for no shance of confusion on which dot is the front sight in an "Oh, Sh1t" situation. Can't help you on POA. My Heinies seem to work best at 6:00, but I'm still getting used to my pistol.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts