Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,
I just got a set of XS 24/7 Big Dot sights for my XD40! I bought a used Kimber 1911 not long ago that came with the Big Dot and loved the sights, so I had to get a set for the XD, my primary carry. Thought you might want to see them: Picture Link. Ordered from the XS web site directly, and received them the very next day! Installation was very straight forward.
I'll be going shooting this week end I'll report back.
Be Safe.
Jimmy D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can you post a picture of you sight? I was considering the Standard Dot from XS to hold on to some of the long range accuracy given up by the Big Dot. But I figured if I'm in a defense situation (XD is my primary carry) at 25 yards I'll probably have some other options. The Big Dot, FYI, is .200" or 7/32 of an inch in diameter.
Yes, I installed the sight myself. Getting the factory sights off is the biggest hassle. I just used a small hammer and a punch. You really have to smack them to get them out. The XS sights required only a slight amount of fitting. I just pulled them across a flat file a couple of times until they fit tight but not overly tight. I'm going to the range this weekend to check them and make any adjustments before I LocTight them in.
Be Safe,
Jimmy D

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Jimmy D said:
Can you post a picture of you sight? I was considering the Standard Dot from XS to hold on to some of the long range accuracy given up by the Big Dot. But I figured if I'm in a defense situation (XD is my primary carry) at 25 yards I'll probably have some other options. The Big Dot, FYI, is .200" or 7/32 of an inch in diameter.
Yes, I installed the sight myself. Getting the factory sights off is the biggest hassle. I just used a small hammer and a punch. You really have to smack them to get them out. The XS sights required only a slight amount of fitting. I just pulled them across a flat file a couple of times until they fit tight but not overly tight. I'm going to the range this weekend to check them and make any adjustments before I LocTight them in.
Be Safe,
Jimmy D
http://www.hs2000talk.com/viewtopic.php?t=27917

1 - 5 of 5 Posts