Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...basic NIB 229 that I got off Gunbroker for $729 + shipping ($25). Not a bad price, only thing I'll do is put the SRT trigger in it and be done with it. I was going to buy a another M11A1 (looks to me the M11A1 is the 229 SAS Gen 2) but figured your standard 229 with a rail, SRT installed, was good enough. I put the SRT in my 226 Navy, not difficult to do at all. Don't think this is the gun but it's off their website. Standard black Sig...no range review as I'm in Afghanistan, it will have to wait. Three Sig's waiting when I get back, Sig 229, Sig 556xi and PM400 :D

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Anybody posting pictures of sweet Sigs is really hitting below the belt this week.;) Nice gun , Bunk. Congrats!
Thanks dude, I've got the Signess for sure!

·
Registered
465 Posts
NICE!!

·
Registered
18,867 Posts
Nice score Bunk, your excellent taste continues!

And most importantly, stay safe and get back soon.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Excellent gun, I have both as well. No doubt you'll love it, its essentially the same gun as the M11-A1 with the addition of the rail. For that reason I'm likely going to sell my P229 and keep the M11-A1.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Sweet looking P229 Bunk22!!

Sounds like you are going to have a lot of fun shooting your new SIGs when you get back.

Stay safe!

·
Registered
5,287 Posts
Congrats and stay safe.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nothing like waking to a firefight overhead lay night. Went to go pee as the Phalanx went off, destroyed sty least one rocket overhead. Cool light show, loud as $hit!

Better find a G41 to have waiting as well just to piss off the haters!
Last rotation, I purchased my awesome Zev Tech Glock 17 but I do want another G19.

·
Registered
19,923 Posts
That's enough of this sissy 9mm stuff. Time to get a big boy caliber. I think you need a .45 or 10mm Glock.

I gotta say, the G20 with proper Norma style loads is a hoot.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That's enough of this sissy 9mm stuff. Time to get a big boy caliber. I think you need a .45 or 10mm Glock.

Nah, I have 45s and regardless, they are all handgun calibers. I also don't need to compensate, the 9mm works just fine, for those who can shoot at least :D

·
Registered
2,123 Posts

The G20SF was fun, but finding ammo hot enough to make it smoke also vaporizes green paper inside your wallet. I traded it for a 1911 and haven't really missed the beast.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts