Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I rented a Sig 226 today, and then bought one afterwards. My first Sig handgun I have ever owned, despite owning tons of different makes and models over the years...

Gun is very accurate, and doubletaps very well. I also have a strong preference towards rubber grips. However, with this new smaller grip the 226 comes with - the texture is rough enough that I don't need rubber grips.

Now, I fired 250 rounds thru the gun. One strange thing initially. The slide never locked back when I shot the gun 2 handed, but ALWAYS when I shot it one handed. I talked to one of the shop employees, and he came out on the range with me (the store also has an indoor range). He tried it and it worked fine. He then watched me shoot. The slide release is so far back on a Sig that it is easy to hit with your thumb in a 2 handed grip.

Sure enough - that was it. I fired another 100 rounds thru it, and if I watched my grip, it never did it.

I prefer my standard holding grip - but in a self defense situation with only one 15 round magazine in the gun, I can shoot it like I normally do and it would be a non issue. But on the range, I just gotta pay a bit more attention to it.

Here it is:

(Has night sights on it already)

It is the 226 Legacy configuration. Supposed to have the same frame as the MK25. However, I do not know how that differs from a standard 226 frame

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
Good lord you're everywhere lol.
Glad you're so happy with it bud and I DID warn you, it's just the begining lol.
Might want to water the Signess down with some CZs :twisted:

·
Registered
465 Posts
Gratz on the Sig

·
Premium Member
4,437 Posts
Congrats.. it wont be your last sig :)

·
Premium Member
2,834 Posts
Congrats on the sig great new addition and my 2nd favorAte brand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,497 Posts
the rail is how it differs

·
Registered
26 Posts
Congrats. Gray guns has DIY spring kits that are great to lighten up both the DA and SA pulls. Doesn't change the pull length, just the weight.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I too bought my first sig, a 226 TACOMP, about 6 weeks ago. I absolutely love it. I've put about 500 rounds through it without an issue of any kind. Of course it led to the purchase of my second sig, a P250 in 9mm, which had to be returned to the factory after 12 rounds. While it was out for repairs, I bought a cal conversion kit for a SC 40 for the P250. its back from sig and shoots perfectly. I'm afraid I may not be done with sig yet.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Sig P226 is a keeper for sure. I shoot my best with it. It shoots anything I feed it without even a hiccup. I have an oldie but goodie.
Congrats on getting a fine gun.

·
Registered
18,867 Posts
Congrats, one of the greatest guns ever. My right thumb rides on the mag release and I don't even worry about the slide not locking back anymore.

·
Registered
695 Posts
The 226 is at the top of my next gun list. I have a 229 in 40 and would love a 226 9mm. Congrats on the new Sig. Did you send Sig your info to get the free range bag and 2 mags?

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Congrats, the 226 rocks.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Hard to beat a classic like the P226. Congrats!

I wouldn't mind dropping the double action pull on mine a bit but my SA pull is already a crisp 4lbs.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts