Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I bought a mossberg 12 gauge a few months ago and finally decided it was time to go shoot it. I wanted to wait until I could gather some friends and go to the outdoor range, but man I had to put some rounds through this thing.

Bad part is , I can only shoot slugs at the indoor range. needless to say I wasn't shooting the shotgun too long. (ouch!) 15 rounds of winchester super X rifled slugs out of an 18" bbl. gets painful real quick. I did get all 15 into center mass at 25&50 yards though. :D

So I decide to rent their Colt AR-15. This was decidedly more fun than the slugs, and man did I have a blast!! the groups were tight and easy to maintain, recoil wasn't even noticable. Even with the iron sights I was getting quarter size groups at 50 yards, and this was my first time to ever shoot an AR, talk about accurate. I will soon be becoming a part of the evil black rifle club to round out my collection.

Next I'll have to find a good three gun shoot and My wallet will never be full again. Thanks for listening.

now off to ice my shoulder :shock:

·
Registered
889 Posts
Welcome to the AR club. I have 4 and was just talking tonight to someone at DPMS about maybe the next one might be a .308 :D .
Anyway for your shotgun try the reduced recoil slugs. I use the Remington's for 3-Gun, and they take alot of the beating out of shooting slugs. I know Winchester, Brenneke, and Fiocchi all have reduced recoil slugs.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Remington's ?

The shotguns or the reduced recoil slugs?

Not a member of the "club" yet but i will be soon!! I had a blast with that "poodle shooter" :lol:

·
Registered
889 Posts
Will you did shoot one :D , how could you say no now?
I meant the Remington reduced recoil slugs, but I do shoot them out of a 1100, and have also shot them in my 870, Beretta 1200FP , and a Benelli M1 Super 90. They worked good in all of them.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Theres a three gun match tomorrow down in Henly,Just the other side of Dripping Springs. Iv shot the pistol matches there and alot of fun.Go to TexasTactical.com Id let you use my AR if i was going tomorrow but have other things to get done. Took my two girls (14.17)shooting it yesterday,100 and 200 yards,they shot groupes no bigger than 3 1/2 at 100 y and 4 1/2 to 6 at 200 yards but my 14 YO still likes the 1911 better then the xd.My 17 YO is a rifle nut now but she liked the xd best till i got the AR

need new batteries for the cam but will get some pics of there targets after while

1 - 6 of 6 Posts