Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New guy here from northern Illinois. I haven't fired a firearm my whole life until a couple months ago until my buddy talked me into going with him one time.

They want to try out competitive UPSA, IDPA type events. I tried their glock 17's, 19's, sig 226's, but decided on a Springfield XD9 in OD/Black. I shot both the XD and XDM at the range, but couldn't tell a $120 difference. The gear up promotion definitely helped my decision.

My first day out with it, I fired 100 rounds. 75% was fired at the target, and the rest was fired at some pop cans. As you can see, I need a lot of practice. I've heard low left is typical of new shooters. This site seems to be the place for me to learn more about everything.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

·
Registered
662 Posts
Welcome from central IL.

·
Premium Member
127,161 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Welcome from IL!

·
Registered
22,569 Posts
Welcome to the fourm from Louisiana.

·
Premium Member
3,448 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Colorado

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Welcome from Iowa

·
Registered
6 Posts
Welcome from Iowa and congrats on choosing the XD9 service model-I have the same gun and it's a fine one! Check out the Hogue rubber grip sleeves available for that model-makes it feel great and may help your shooting accuracy, but as many others have said "practice makes perfect" Glad you joined and hope you enjoy it here as much as I do!

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Welcome from Wonderful Wyoming.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Welcome from WA state!

·
Premium Member
21,366 Posts
hello to ya