Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellas decided to put a scope on my CMMG AR so I can see how accurate it will be at 200yds and 300yds(my eyes can't see with iron sights that far)Its a nikon 4x9x40 with bdc..

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Nice setup. Is there adequate eye relief? With my Leupold VX-III 3.5-10X40 1" tube, I needed a forward cantilevered LaRue Tactical LT-104 scope mount (for 1" tube). For this scope I needed the eye piece further forward than yours for adequate eye relief. The ARMS 40-L low profile BUIS clears the eye piece with only 2mm to spare.

What kind of trigger do you have, as it can limit accuracy. I have a Rock River Arms two stage NM trigger group.

Performing a rough sighting in with my laser bore sighter, there was a lot of parallax at 20 yards. I read the manual and my scope is designed to be parallax free at 150 yds, so all is good.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nice rifle and i tried it before i tighten the screws and hopefully its fine i will zero it today..i just have stock trigger i might invest on a match trigger soon..
Nice setup. Is there adequate eye relief? With my Leupold VX-III 3.5-10X40 1" tube, I needed a forward cantilevered LaRue Tactical LT-104 scope mount (for 1" tube). For this scope I needed the eye piece further forward than yours for adequate eye relief. The ARMS 40-L low profile BUIS clears the eye piece with only 2mm to spare.

What kind of trigger do you have, as it can limit accuracy. I have a Rock River Arms two stage NM trigger group.

Performing a rough sighting in with my laser bore sighter, there was a lot of parallax at 20 yards. I read the manual and my scope is designed to be parallax free at 150 yds, so all is good.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hello guys here is how my setup groups at 100yds..We were trying to hit an apple i found at 300yds and had no luck hitting that darn thing, there where 3 other guys with high caliber rifle i think a 338, 270 and a 3006 that tried to knocked that apple at 300yds with no luck but the guys with the 338 let me shoot his rifle at 450yds and i hit the plate no problems, i can't figure that one out..(they all hit the plate at 450yds)..I only hit once with my AR..

·
Premium Member
2,267 Posts
Looks like pretty good shooting to me.

Maybe you really did hit the plate at 450 yds. The lighter bullet would not make as loud of a noise so you probably just didn't hear it! ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts