Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered the myweigh five tenths drifter from close enough today.......Lol
No seriously I ordered the myweigh gempro 250 today. Anyone have any tips or advice on this product. Good or Bad? Let'er rip. Thanks!!!!!

· Registered
12,197 Posts
With any scale, the less you move it around, the better it will be. I place my scale on a shelf above my bench. Keep it covered to prevent dust from settling on it.

· Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fred..

I really like the dedicated shelf idea. I have some padding from my wife's attempt at working out that I've been using to put under my concentricity/squaring gauges and my spine gauges I built for my arrow building bench. Would this padding help with vibration? What about static, frequencies?
I want to set it up right the first time. Thanks!!!

· Registered
12,197 Posts
Fred..

I really like the dedicated shelf idea. I have some padding from my wife's attempt at working out that I've been using to put under my concentricity/squaring gauges and my spine gauges I built for my arrow building bench. Would this padding help with vibration? What about static, frequencies?
I want to set it up right the first time. Thanks!!!
I don't think padding is necessary or even desired. You want the scale to sit flat & ideally, never move, keep out of any drafts. On the wall should eliminate most bench vibrations or at least really limit them.

· Registered
12,197 Posts
The gempro comes with a mousepad that does absorb some vibrations. I should do the same for my A&D FX120 as it changes readings if I am walking around or using the press
That is more likely air currents, not vibration, unless your bench is on an elevated wood floor??

· Banned
6,642 Posts
I have a friend who's got one. Checked it with my checkweights and it was good to go. Seemed to be a great scale. I wouldn't mind having one, myself.
I no longer get mentioned by name, your in the dog house buddy.:(

· Banned
6,642 Posts
Carl
If your friend GT is going to be in the dog house the gempro would be great to have seeing how its so compact. Lol
Lol, it is a great scale and GTJon actually suggested it to me when I was in the market. The only complaint is its too accurate and OCD habits get in the way.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.