Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 4 long years I finally got my pistol permit. Was rejected the first time because of too many traffic tickets. I ordered a xd .40 in OD green. I was pretty sure that it was what I wanted but never had the opportunity to see one in person. I ordered it from buds. When I received it I was blown away by the fit, feel, quality and looks. I could not be more impressed. My dad has about 16 pistols so I am not new to them. Even the officer at the police station that registered it to my permit commented on how nice it was and how good it looked in OD

Yesterday I went to the range. I was a little concerned about a .40 cal with a 3 inch barrel. It has a little kick to it but not near what I was expecting. I ran about 50 rounds through it and so did 2 buddies. So 150 rounds and not a hiccup. I have not shot a pistol in years but managed a pretty nice grouping at 20 yards. It shoots as nice as it looks and feels. Again I could not be more impressed. I love this gun. I have already been looking for a second gun but have not found anything that I like half as much as the gun I have. I have 3 new free clips in the mail just to really top things off.

PS Targetsportsusa has .40 Federal ammo for $15 a box if you buy a case with free shipping.

·
Premium Member
4,437 Posts
I have already been looking for a second gun but have not found anything that I like half as much as the gun I have.
Buy another xd or xdm!

·
Premium Member
4,437 Posts
Very nice, that's what is waiting for me too.... a XD40 OD. The guys at the dealer are giving me a hard time for wanting a green gun..... so I want to be a little different, what's wrong with that?
not a damn thing! as you can tell from my avatar BOTH are green!:D

·
Banned
38,920 Posts
An excellent choice, and welcome to the forum.

I'd take a bit of time, and make sure the second one is something you really want ... I finally traded 2 guns for another, which I said I'd never do, but those 2 are guns I rarely ever shot.

Take it slow ;)

·
Registered
95 Posts
An excellent choice, and welcome to the forum.

I'd take a bit of time, and make sure the second one is something you really want ... I finally traded 2 guns for another, which I said I'd never do, but those 2 are guns I rarely ever shot.

Take it slow ;)
Do you still have that XD with those 17,000(approx) under it's belt?

·
Banned
38,920 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,437 Posts
I just got a XD9sc in OD. I really like the green, it makes me feel like I'm helping out with the environment.
HAHA I like that! guess im goin green too!

·
Registered
6,108 Posts

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
I have 3 new free clips

Grats on your new firearm!

XDs do not use clips though, they are magazines ;)

Sent from my iPad2 using Tapatalk :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts