Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I fired my new XD 40 4" for the first time during the range portion of the CCW course I attended with some friends yesterday. I have to tell you all that, after reading all of the negative posts on this forum, I was WAY apprenhensive that I had perhaps made the wrong choice. However, I am very pleased to say that the XD performed flawlessly, with zero FTL, FTF, FTE!
I fired 50 rounds of Winchester 180 gr FMJ, and 50 rounds of CCI Blazer 180 gr FMJ through the XD, and it ate them like candy. This weapon just "feels" right. The groups were tight, but it did shoot a bit left of aimpoint. I had a friend put a mag through it just to make sure it wasn't something I was doing wrong (trigger pull, grip, position, etc.), but he fired left of aimpoint as well. No prob, since I intend to change to Tritium or Trijicon sights anyway, but I expected better out of the box accuracy than that from Springfield.
The 4" was definitely louder than the Baby Eagles, Bersa, and S&W wheel gun brought by the others attending the course (loud pipes save lives.....).
Break down, cleaning, and reassembly were a snap. Definitely easier than Berettas, Walthers, etc. that I've had the pleasure/displeasure of cleaning before.
Overall, I am quite happy with the XD. Think I'll have to add a 5" and a sub compact to the safe.....whadda y'all think?

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
I FINALLY GOT MY XD40!!! I'll take mine to the range tomorrow and shoot a few hundred rounds through it. I'll keep you posted also.

·
Registered
5 Posts
ret97e said:
I have to tell you all that, after reading all of the negative posts on this forum........
I am a very happy XD-40 owner. I think a majority of the negative stuff on this forum comes from new owners or new shooters. My XD is a quality product and I would not hesitate to buy another. Like with everything else in life, knowledge is king. You made a great choice on your weapon.

Dave

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
I don't mean to steal ret97e's post... but I took my new XD40 to the range today and let off 200 rounds of WWB without a single problem. Definately a great investment (start to my collection).

·
Registered
268 Posts
I have a problem with the XD40 i bought. Its an ongoing problem that i dont see a cure for any time soon. It seems the XD40 has been bringing friends home. i now have 3XD's and i think they are going to sneek another one in soon. Well its a problem i can live with. I love all of them.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
lol :lol:

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
ret97e said:
It seems the XD40 has been bringing friends home.
Yeah, and they always want to go out and play! :wink:
I've taken mine out once since I got it 2 days ago and I feel like it needs another trip to the range this week(end) to put a few hundred more rounds through it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I need a bigger range bag, tough to fit all those toyz in my current bag, need more compartments! Heck, I'm lugging two bags full of toyz and accessories now. Straps will probably pull loose!

I would put the XD40 on equal footing with my Glocks, and I love my Glocks! Very pleased with how it shoots!

·
Registered
54 Posts
ret97e said:
I fired 50 rounds of Winchester 180 gr FMJ, and 50 rounds of CCI Blazer 180 gr FMJ through the XD, and it ate them like candy. This weapon just "feels" right. The groups were tight, but it did shoot a bit left of aimpoint. I had a friend put a mag through it just to make sure it wasn't something I was doing wrong (trigger pull, grip, position, etc.), but he fired left of aimpoint as well.
I'm in another thread about possible sight problems. Both me and another XD40 are claiming low and left, an XD9 is claiming high and left.
You only mentioned hitting left, was it not high or low, and what style of aiming are you using (are you putting the target just above the center sight, or do you put the target in line with the center dot)?

Otherwise, yes, the XD is great! Especially for the price. So far the only mass negative threads I've noticed have been about slide finish quality and what do you expect for the price.

I've put through almost 600rnds of WWB and Rem UMC, both 165grn and 180grn without a hitch.

Have you read the online review of the XD where Rob Letham pours sand in the handle and the ejection port and goes thru 1 or 2 full mags at fast pace without a hiccup? I can't remember which magazine it was for, I think I have it stored in my 'favorites.'

1 - 12 of 12 Posts