Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It looks great, shoots better and I love it. I've been wanting a 45ACP revolver for along time, and I have found one at my local shop. Here she is:

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
It looks great, shoots better and I love it. I've been wanting a 45ACP revolver for along time, and I have found one at my local shop. Here she is:
It looks great and you said it shoots even better. Now a couple of questions (I am always asking / learning) It looks a little short, what is the barrel length? What do you see as the advantage of a short bbl as opposed to the 4" or 5" models?

Thank you posting the picture. It really does look great!

Chapie+

·
Premium Member
3,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It looks great and you said it shoots even better. Now a couple of questions (I am always asking / learning) It looks a little short, what is the barrel length? What do you see as the advantage of a short bbl as opposed to the 4" or 5" models?

Thank you posting the picture. It really does look great!

Chapie+
3" barrel. Yes, I share your opinion that the barrel looks short and to the point, I wanted a 4" barrel, but the fact is, they are so dang hard to find in blue. I had to have a blue finish and I simply love the OEM grips. The grips and the deep finish made the sale for me, that and S&W is supposedly discontinuing that particular model.

As far as advantages, lower velocity and easy storage. However, I should mention this will be a range gun only; velocity and storage are my least concerns.

The short barrel will grow on you, at least it has on me, and it feels very well balanced. If you have the opportunity to hold one, you will see what I mean.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
3" barrel. Yes, I share your opinion that the barrel looks short and to the point, I wanted a 4" barrel, but the fact is, they are so dang hard to find in blue. I had to have a blue finish and I simply love the OEM grips. The grips and the deep finish made the sale for me, that and S&W is supposedly discontinuing that particular model.

As far as advantages, lower velocity and easy storage. However, I should mention this will be a range gun only; velocity and storage are my least concerns.

The short barrel will grow on you, at least it has on me, and it feels very well balanced. If you have the opportunity to hold one, you will see what I mean.

That all makes a lot of sense to me - good job and congrats on a nice looking gun!

Share how it shoots - or if they are not going to make it anymore put it in the safe and keep it for the grand kids. You can tell them you bought it back when one could buy guns.

Chapie+

·
Premium Member
5,314 Posts

Sweet revolver you have there.
Pat

·
Premium Member
3,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you all.

I came across some information that the next version will have a fixed rear fixed sight and a rounded front sight. Just casual reading.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
An absolutely beautiful Model 25. I haven't seen one in that shape for a long time. Enjoy it!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts