Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't seen this posted here yet but Ruger has a new model in their single-action "Single Six" .22lr line, the "Single Ten". This is a 10-round single action revolver with Williams fiber optic sights.

I've been wanting a Single Six for plinking for a while. I like the traditional six-shooter design of the Single Six but this might just be a fun gun.
Any thoughts anyone, anyone get one yet?

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
I kinda want one...but I bet the price tag is too steep. I want a 22/45 first...only $250 for those.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I always figured when I was ready to buy a single-six I could find a good used one at a pawn shop. I like the older blued models with wooden grips better, but if the single-ten comes out in a blued model, well you just never know.

·
Registered
22,574 Posts
Nice but since I have a Mark III i will pass. Could pick up an XD 45 tactical for that price.

·
Registered
6,682 Posts
There was a picture posted on "To Keep and Bear Arms" web site , yesterday. It looks nice but the price was around $619 or less. I still would like to own one.

·
Banned
38,922 Posts
Wait for the convertible model (22/22mag) ... They'll probably make one, eventually.

And I'm guessing the pawl movement is to long to just do a cylinder exchange and convert a single six to a single ten.

Any thoughts on that idea ?

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Assuming the .22 mag requires a little beefier cylinder, could you make one that would safely hold ten rounds? It's unclear to me if the cylinder diameter is the same as the six-round cylinder but my bet is it's larger so you're probably right about them not being interchangeable.

On another note, I have smallish hands, and the "gunfighter grip" sounds like it's narrower. I have never shot a single-six so I don't know if it would matter to me.

·
Registered
29,621 Posts
Assuming the .22 mag requires a little beefier cylinder, could you make one that would safely hold ten rounds? It's unclear to me if the cylinder diameter is the same as the six-round cylinder but my bet is it's larger so you're probably right about them not being interchangeable.

On another note, I have smallish hands, and the "gunfighter grip" sounds like it's narrower. I have never shot a single-six so I don't know if it would matter to me.
My decades old H&R Sentinel has a .22LR/.22mag cylinders...sure, it's a 9-shot, but I also think it's a smaller pistol that the Ruger...so, one would think it would be doable.

·
Premium Member
24,885 Posts
The MSRP for the Single Ten is the same as the Single Six.

·
Banned
38,922 Posts
My decades old H&R Sentinel has a .22LR/.22mag cylinders...sure, it's a 9-shot, but I also think it's a smaller pistol that the Ruger...so, one would think it would be doable.
Agreed, but I think the cocking mechanism would move (rotate the cylinder) to far to just do a cylinder swap.

But if it can be swapped without additional work, I might someday have a third or forth cylinder for my pop gun.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Handled one yesterday and must say the sights are awesome and the trigger is excellent. If I didn't already have a 617 ten shot, I would get one. Price was $500.00.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts